Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Several images into one file

Several images into one file

john

(sorry if this has been covered - new to group)

I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?

Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.

John

Bill Hilton

>I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
>for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
>Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file

Any graphics program that supports "layers" will let you do this
easily. Pick a program and ask here how to do it with that program and
someone can give you instructions I'm sure.

Jim Townsend

john wrote:

> (sorry if this has been covered - new to group)
>
> I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
> for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
>
> Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.

It would probably be MUCH easier to answer if you mentioned what editor you
were using.

john

"Jim Townsend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> john wrote:
>
>> (sorry if this has been covered - new to group)
>>
>> I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing
>> image
>> for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
>>
>> Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.

> It would probably be MUCH easier to answer if you mentioned what editor
> you
> were using.

I have Paintshop Pro 7 and PhotoShop 5.5

Hunt

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, bhilton

>>I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
>>for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
>>Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file

>Any graphics program that supports "layers" will let you do this
>easily. Pick a program and ask here how to do it with that program and
>someone can give you instructions I'm sure.

Or you could use a DTP-type program, Place/Import the images, then output to a
format that e-bay will accept. Personally, I'd do it in an imaging program, as
Bill H recommends, but then I have those already. For an inexpensive photo
editing prog, I've heard great things about the GIMP (freeware), but have
never used it, so I cannot comment on its capabilities. Folk are always
compaing it to Photoshop, so it must be good.

Hunt

Susan P

On Wed 30 Nov 2005 23:57:42, john <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have Paintshop Pro 7 and PhotoShop 5.5

You can do this in the free Irfanview. Choose "panorama" in the
menus.

Bill Hilton

>John asks ...
>
>I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
>for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
>Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file
>
>I have Paintshop Pro 7 and PhotoShop 5.5

So say the two views are 200 x 200 pixels each and you want to put them
together with Photoshop ... do File - New and make the new file 400 x
200 pixels with white or clear background. Open the other two files
and select the Move tool (type v as a shortcut) and hold the cursor
over one of the views and click on it and drag to the new file, where
it will appear as a new layer. Repeat for the second one ... you can
arrange them by using the Move tool and selecting the right layer in
the new file. Probably pretty much the same with Paintshop Pro. That
should do it ...

Bill

U-Know-Who

"john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eWkjf.4706$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (sorry if this has been covered - new to group)
>
> I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
> for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
>
> Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.

> John

Picasa, from Google will do this as a collage.

john

"U-Know-Who" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f9wjf.26097$%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eWkjf.4706$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> (sorry if this has been covered - new to group)
>>
>> I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing
>> image for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
>>
>> Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.
>>
>> --
>>

>> --
>> John
>>

> Picasa, from Google will do this as a collage.

Thanks - but it is a bit random. I would like to do it in a controlled
manner - to illustrate items I am selling from several angles - but as one
JPEG.

Hunt

In article <W%qjf.7932$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...

>"Jim Townsend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> john wrote:
>>
>>> (sorry if this has been covered - new to group)
>>>
>>> I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing
>>> image
>>> for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
>>>
>>> Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.

>> It would probably be MUCH easier to answer if you mentioned what editor
>> you
>> were using.
>>

>I have Paintshop Pro 7 and PhotoShop 5.5

Photoshop 5.5 will do quite nicely, John, and you will have all of the control
that you desire. Bill Hilton covers the process quite well. Don't know PSP,
but I assume that it has similar capabilities. One nice thing about having the
two (or more) images in Layers in PS, is that you can add an Adjustment Layer
to each, to bring in any color/density corrections that you might want, so
that the images will match. Save your composited image with Layers in PSD
format (in case you need to ever work on it again), Flatten the image Layers
and Save_As whatever format you need, probably JPG in this case. If so I'd use
Save_For_Web (I think it was in 5.5, but that was the only upgrade that I did
not ever get) to opitimze the image. Use the 4Up tab and choose the best
balance of image size, resolution.

Hunt