Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Update for Powershot A510 next year?

Update for Powershot A510 next year?

panettonea@yahoo.com

I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
any info.

-sj

Siddhartha Jain

> I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
> help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
> II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
> any info.
>
> -sj

Canon knew months in advance what you want for Christams. So they
already released the A610 and A620.

- Siddhartha

Paul Rubin

(E-Mail Removed) writes:
> I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
> help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
> II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
> any info.

They already have the A410 with Digic II.

David Dyer-Bennet

(E-Mail Removed) writes:

> I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
> help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
> II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
> any info.

Um, the A610 is generally regarded as the replacement for the A510,
and *it's* nearly a year old now.

Paul Rubin

David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Um, the A610 is generally regarded as the replacement for the A510,

I think the 410 is the replacement for the 510. The 610 is a more
upscale model, bigger and more expensive. And the 610 is just a few
months old, I thought.

panettonea@yahoo.com

Thanks for all the replies. I knew about the A610, but I thought it
was a replacement for the A95. I'll have to check out the A410.

MarkČ

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
> help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
> II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
> any info.

They already did...It's the 610/620.
4 batteries...and Digic II.
Very responsive...major improvement in both fps and video modes, too.

MarkČ

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies. I knew about the A610, but I thought it
> was a replacement for the A95. I'll have to check out the A410.

It is very similar to the A95...just WAY faster/more responsive.

Darrell

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
> help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
> II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
> any info.

The Canon A510 has been discontinued...

Thomas T. Veldhouse

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
> help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
> II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
> any info.

Wouldn't that be the A520? I just bought one for my Mother. I guess I
will find out how it works on Christmas day!

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse