Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Printer Demos vs. The Real Thing

Printer Demos vs. The Real Thing

peter@mcnabbs.org

I'm working with an Oki C5400n here, and I don't understand how some
prints look extremely good (especially with the built-in demo picture,
of course), but the pictures I send at very high resolutions (3" by 5"
at 600+ dpi) still look grainy.

Is there some "magic" resolution that lets the printer print non-grainy
pictures?
Is it printing the demo picture with a different, hidden printer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott W

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm working with an Oki C5400n here, and I don't understand how some
> prints look extremely good (especially with the built-in demo picture,
> of course), but the pictures I send at very high resolutions (3" by 5"
> at 600+ dpi) still look grainy.
>
> Is there some "magic" resolution that lets the printer print non-grainy
> pictures?
> Is it printing the demo picture with a different, hidden printer?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

In the print driver are you setting the quality setting to best?

Scott

Barry L. Wallis

Scott W wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
>>I'm working with an Oki C5400n here, and I don't understand how some
>>prints look extremely good (especially with the built-in demo picture,
>>of course), but the pictures I send at very high resolutions (3" by 5"
>>at 600+ dpi) still look grainy.
>>
>>Is there some "magic" resolution that lets the printer print non-grainy
>>pictures?
>>Is it printing the demo picture with a different, hidden printer?
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>

> In the print driver are you setting the quality setting to best?

And along the same lines, is the paper type set correctly?

--
- Barry