Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is Samsung's 815....metal?

Is Samsung's 815....metal?

Rich

The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
contributing to it.
-Rich

Darrell

"Metal Fetish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
> The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
> is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
> contributing to it.

Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could crack.

Alfred Molon

> "Metal Fetish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
> > The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
> > is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
> > contributing to it.
> >

> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could crack.

What a dumb reply.
--

Alfred Molon

Frank ess

Alfred Molon wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> "Metal Fetish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
>>> The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
>>> is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
>>> contributing to it.
>>>

>> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting
>> could crack.

> What a dumb reply.

I have more patience with misfires on the humor range than with the
unimaginative pickers-up of the brass.

--
Frank ess

Darrell

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> "Metal Fetish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
>> > The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
>> > is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
>> > contributing to it.
>> >

>> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could
>> crack.

> What a dumb reply.
> --

The reply was to metal head Rich. I considered who made the post. If it was
a normal person, I would have told them it is plastic.

Bill Funk

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:07:28 +0100, Alfred Molon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> "Metal Fetish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
>> > The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
>> > is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
>> > contributing to it.
>> >

>> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could crack.

>What a dumb reply.

Most people think they have a sense of humor, but they really don't.

--
Bill Funk
Replace "g" with "a"

Bill Funk

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:30:51 -0700, Bill Funk
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:07:28 +0100, Alfred Molon
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> "Metal Fetish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> >
>>> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could crack.

>>What a dumb reply.

>Most people think they have a sense of humor, but they really don't.

Points for the referrence...

--
Bill Funk
Replace "g" with "a"
funktionality.blogspot.com

Alfred Molon

says...
> Alfred Molon wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> "Metal Fetish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>>
> >> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting
> >> could crack.

> > What a dumb reply.

> I have more patience with misfires on the humor range than with the
> unimaginative pickers-up of the brass.

Frank, the question actually is interesting (whether the 815 has a metal
body). Why does he/she have to make fun about it ?
--

Alfred Molon

Bill Funk

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:34:24 +0100, Alfred Molon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>> Alfred Molon wrote:
>> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

>> > What a dumb reply.

>> I have more patience with misfires on the humor range than with the
>> unimaginative pickers-up of the brass.

>Frank, the question actually is interesting (whether the 815 has a metal
>body). Why does he/she have to make fun about it ?

My goodness, Alfred...
It was a joke, entirely non-offensive to anyone. Appropriate for the
workplace, church meetings, and the ACLU.

--

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:20:00 -0500, "Darrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Alfred Molon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> "Metal Fetish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> >
>>> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could
>>> crack.

>> What a dumb reply.
>> --

>The reply was to metal head Rich. I considered who made the post. If it was
>a normal person, I would have told them it is plastic.

If it is metal, it's nice to know Samsung takes greater pride in their
flaship point and shoot than some other companies do in their
entry-level DSLRs. It might even appeal as a knock-around camera to
those no-nothing pros who prefer metal bodied DSLRs.
-Rich