Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Network Setup Wizard Won't Open

Network Setup Wizard Won't Open

=?Utf-8?B?TEpS?=

Network Setup Wizard Won't Open.... simple as that. No matter where I
attempt to access it from, it won't open. I can click on the icon or
wording 300 times and nothing happens, no little loading hourglass or
anything. Does anyone have ANY idea how I can open it? I am trying to share
my DSL connection with another computer in the house and I can't because of
this problem.

=?Utf-8?B?TEpS?=

%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe hnetwiz.dll,HomeNetWizardRunDll
is what is in the target box, when i hit "Find Target...." it goes to RUNDLL32

"mike" wrote:

> what version of windows?
> are you an administrator?
> have you tried right clicking on the icon & looking in the dir stated and
> see if it is still there?
>
> mike
>
> "LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Network Setup Wizard Won't Open.... simple as that. No matter where I
> > attempt to access it from, it won't open. I can click on the icon or
> > wording 300 times and nothing happens, no little loading hourglass or
> > anything. Does anyone have ANY idea how I can open it? I am trying to

> share
> > my DSL connection with another computer in the house and I can't because

> of
> > this problem.

> ---

mike

what version of windows?
are you an administrator?
have you tried right clicking on the icon & looking in the dir stated and
see if it is still there?

mike

"LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Network Setup Wizard Won't Open.... simple as that. No matter where I
> attempt to access it from, it won't open. I can click on the icon or
> wording 300 times and nothing happens, no little loading hourglass or
> anything. Does anyone have ANY idea how I can open it? I am trying to

share
> my DSL connection with another computer in the house and I can't because

of
> this problem.

---

mike

pass, why can't you set the thing manually?
right click on the dsl connection & enable share?

mike

"LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe hnetwiz.dll,HomeNetWizardRunDll
> is what is in the target box, when i hit "Find Target...." it goes to

RUNDLL32

> "mike" wrote:
>
> > what version of windows?
> > are you an administrator?
> > have you tried right clicking on the icon & looking in the dir stated

and
> > see if it is still there?
> >
> > mike
> >
> > "LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Network Setup Wizard Won't Open.... simple as that. No matter where I
> > > attempt to access it from, it won't open. I can click on the icon or
> > > wording 300 times and nothing happens, no little loading hourglass or
> > > anything. Does anyone have ANY idea how I can open it? I am trying

> > share
> > > my DSL connection with another computer in the house and I can't

because
> > of
> > > this problem.

> > ---

---

=?Utf-8?B?TEpS?=

well, because of this error i can't set this computer up to host a network.
therefore i cant share the connection. the other computer in my house isn't
very good, so i don't want to make that thing host the network.

"mike" wrote:

> pass, why can't you set the thing manually?
> right click on the dsl connection & enable share?
>
> mike
>
> "LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe hnetwiz.dll,HomeNetWizardRunDll
> > is what is in the target box, when i hit "Find Target...." it goes to

> RUNDLL32
> >
> > "mike" wrote:
> >
> > > what version of windows?
> > > are you an administrator?
> > > have you tried right clicking on the icon & looking in the dir stated

> and
> > > see if it is still there?
> > >
> > > mike
> > >
> > > "LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > share

> because
> > > of
> > >

> > > ---
> > >

> ---

mike

what windows ver?

mike

"LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> well, because of this error i can't set this computer up to host a

network.
> therefore i cant share the connection. the other computer in my house

isn't
> very good, so i don't want to make that thing host the network.
>
> "mike" wrote:
>
> > pass, why can't you set the thing manually?
> > right click on the dsl connection & enable share?
> >
> > mike
> >
> > "LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe hnetwiz.dll,HomeNetWizardRunDll
> > > is what is in the target box, when i hit "Find Target...." it goes to

> > RUNDLL32

stated
> > and

where I

icon or

or

trying

> > because

> > ---

---

=?Utf-8?B?TEpS?=

XP...i'm thinking maybe i should just reinstall it. is there a way i can
reinstall without having to reinstall all programs or having to save all my
files to a CD first?

"mike" wrote:

> what windows ver?
>
> mike
>
> "LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > well, because of this error i can't set this computer up to host a

> network.
> > therefore i cant share the connection. the other computer in my house

> isn't
> > very good, so i don't want to make that thing host the network.
> >
> > "mike" wrote:
> >
> > > pass, why can't you set the thing manually?
> > > right click on the dsl connection & enable share?
> > >
> > > mike
> > >
> > > "LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > RUNDLL32

> stated
> > > and

> where I

> icon or

> or

> trying
> > > because

> > > ---
> > >

> ---

mike

yep just put the disc in.
did netwiz ever work or networkin places etc.
it might not be installed!!

checxk in control panel add rem prog/windows setup.
make sure you r an administrator though!!

mike

"LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP...i'm thinking maybe i should just reinstall it. is there a way i can
> reinstall without having to reinstall all programs or having to save all

my
> files to a CD first?
>
> "mike" wrote:
>
> > what windows ver?
> >
> > mike
> >
> > "LJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > well, because of this error i can't set this computer up to host a

> > network.
> > > therefore i cant share the connection. the other computer in my house

> > isn't
> > > very good, so i don't want to make that thing host the network.

> > stated

> > where I

> > icon or

hourglass