Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon S2 Atlantic sunrise

Canon S2 Atlantic sunrise

John H

Here is a picture I took out the back with the Canon S2 this
morning. http://members.accesswave.ca/~lifestyle/Page001.htm

To try to enhance dynamic rage I bracketed and layered one
exposure over the other erasing the underexposed part.

Always interested in how others might have done it or on ways
to improve.

Tim

> Here is a picture I took out the back with the Canon S2 this
> morning. http://members.accesswave.ca/~lifestyle/Page001.htm
>
> To try to enhance dynamic rage I bracketed and layered one
> exposure over the other erasing the underexposed part.
>
> Always interested in how others might have done it or on ways
> to improve.

I like the picture - very nice - any chance of a bigger version?

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...blending.shtml has 3
different ways of getting the same effect

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/hdr.shtml Has a CS2 tutorial

HTH

Tim

John H

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:09:18 GMT, "Tim" <no http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Here is a picture I took out the back with the Canon S2 this
>> morning. http://members.accesswave.ca/~lifestyle/Page001.htm
>>
>> To try to enhance dynamic rage I bracketed and layered one
>> exposure over the other erasing the underexposed part.
>>
>> Always interested in how others might have done it or on ways
>> to improve.

>I like the picture - very nice - any chance of a bigger version?
>
>http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...blending.shtml has 3
>different ways of getting the same effect
>
>http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/hdr.shtml Has a CS2 tutorial
>
>HTH
>
>Tim

Full size version here, Tim.
http://members.accesswave.ca/~parklane/sunrise.jpg

Thanks for the pointers to the tutorials. I went over the second one
a few days ago and made a quick attempt with this picture at HDR
merging in CS2 without much success. I'll revisit it and try to find
what went askew.

The sun was melting the frost as the picture was taken and I
believe the light is catching the water droplets in the foreground.
Would the reddish fringe be CR?

Tim

> On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:09:18 GMT, "Tim" <no (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> Here is a picture I took out the back with the Canon S2 this
>>> morning. http://members.accesswave.ca/~lifestyle/Page001.htm
>>>
>>> To try to enhance dynamic rage I bracketed and layered one
>>> exposure over the other erasing the underexposed part.
>>>
>>> Always interested in how others might have done it or on ways
>>> to improve.

>> I like the picture - very nice - any chance of a bigger version?
>>
>> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...blending.shtml
>> has 3 different ways of getting the same effect
>>
>> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/hdr.shtml Has a CS2
>> tutorial
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Tim

> Full size version here, Tim.
> http://members.accesswave.ca/~parklane/sunrise.jpg
>
> Thanks for the pointers to the tutorials. I went over the second one
> a few days ago and made a quick attempt with this picture at HDR
> merging in CS2 without much success. I'll revisit it and try to find
> what went askew.
>
> The sun was melting the frost as the picture was taken and I
> believe the light is catching the water droplets in the foreground.
> Would the reddish fringe be CR?

Hi John

Thanks for the bigger pic - I'm a real sucker for low sunlight over "bumpy"
grass type shots - just think they look great - so that, the water and, oh
yeah some sunset thing going on equals a great picture to me

Don't know about the reddish fringes - if you mean Chromatic Aberration then
I'm not sure - I thought that showed up as purple fringing, although as the
light is so yellow that could throw the spectrum out - I'm afraid you'll
have to wait until one of the experts here steps in

Cheers

Tim

none

John H wrote:
> Here is a picture I took out the back with the Canon S2 this
> morning. http://members.accesswave.ca/~lifestyle/Page001.htm

Wow -- exellent picture!

-Mike