Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > LCD Monitor cleaning.

LCD Monitor cleaning.

irwell

What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

John A. Stovall

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:56:23 -0800, irwell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

A microfiber cloth.

*************************************
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However" replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
Stephen Crane

Bill KB3GUN

"John A. Stovall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:56:23 -0800, irwell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

> A microfiber cloth.
>

> *************************************
> A man said to the universe:
> "Sir, I exist!"
> "However" replied the universe,
> "The fact has not created in me
> A sense of obligation."
> Stephen Crane

I use a microfiber cloth too. Never had anything bad enough on it to justify
using a cleaner/solvent.
-Smitty

Bri.

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
irwell typed...

> What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

I've used "Uvex S463" for cleaning my LCD screen and also a lens. It's
an alcohol and silicon free solution, formulated for cleaning coated
spectacle lenses. This is an answer to your question, not necessarily a
recommendation.

If anyone knows of any reason why this type of solution should not be
used, I would be grateful of your response.

--
Bri.

eawckyegcy@yahoo.com

irwell wrote:

> What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

Red fuming nitric acid. Doesn't everyone?

salgud

> irwell wrote:
>
> > What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

> Red fuming nitric acid. Doesn't everyone?

I prefer HCl.

SleeperMan

salgud wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> irwell wrote:
>>
>>> What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

>> Red fuming nitric acid. Doesn't everyone?

> I prefer HCl.

naaah...nitro paint cleaner...cheapest, best, most effective, everywhere
available. You just soak whole camera in it, wait one minute (not more!!!)
take it out and wait until it dries. If in a hurry, you can remove excessive
nitro quickly by burning it with a match. Works everytime.

Andrew Koenig

"irwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

I use a product named "Read Right Kleen & Dry". It's a pair of disposable
pads, one saturated with isopropyl alcohol, the other a lint-free drying
pad. Never had a problem with it.

SamSez

irwell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:f4pmn1lau1lmogvqb8f2d072onmhd9c48s@
4ax.com:

> What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

Windex and paper towels. Seriously.

irwell

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:35:57 GMT, SamSez <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>irwell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:f4pmn1lau1lmogvqb8f2d072onmhd9c48s@
>4ax.com:
>
>> What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

>Windex and paper towels. Seriously.

Thanks, 5 good answers and three stupid comments.
Not bad for a NG.