Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji F10 and F11

Fuji F10 and F11

SS

Are these basically the same camera but with the F11 having better manual
controls? Same lens? How does the F11 manage a closer macro? Only drawback I
can see from reviews is purple fringing. Any comments or assistance? i am
really stuck trying to decide between the Coolpix 7900, F10 and F11 but
tending towards the Fuji as I hate 'noise', however anything must be tons
better than my crappy Traveler DC-6300 camera from Aldi.

timeOday

SS wrote:
> Are these basically the same camera but with the F11 having better manual
> controls? Same lens? How does the F11 manage a closer macro? Only drawback I
> can see from reviews is purple fringing. Any comments or assistance? i am
> really stuck trying to decide between the Coolpix 7900, F10 and F11 but
> tending towards the Fuji as I hate 'noise', however anything must be tons
> better than my crappy Traveler DC-6300 camera from Aldi.

I'm in exactly the same boat. If I found out they corrected the purple
fringe in the F11 I'd be all over it. Purple fringe is one thing I
really hate on my Canon S100.

At my local Best Buy they stopped carrying the F10, which makes me
wonder if they've cleared it out and the F11 will be the successor
rather than an alternative to the F10.

The Canon Powershot S80 seems to be another alternative, about the same
size, approximately equal image quality, but with more manual controls
and a step up in price

timeOday

timeOday wrote:
> SS wrote:
>
>> Are these basically the same camera but with the F11 having better manual
>> controls? Same lens? How does the F11 manage a closer macro? Only
>> drawback I
>> can see from reviews is purple fringing. Any comments or assistance? i am
>> really stuck trying to decide between the Coolpix 7900, F10 and F11 but
>> tending towards the Fuji as I hate 'noise', however anything must be tons
>> better than my crappy Traveler DC-6300 camera from Aldi.
>>

> I'm in exactly the same boat. If I found out they corrected the purple
> fringe in the F11 I'd be all over it. Purple fringe is one thing I
> really hate on my Canon S100.
>
> At my local Best Buy they stopped carrying the F10, which makes me
> wonder if they've cleared it out and the F11 will be the successor
> rather than an alternative to the F10.
>
> The Canon Powershot S80 seems to be another alternative, about the same
> size, approximately equal image quality, but with more manual controls
> and a step up in price

Well, my search is over, I took the bait.

New Canon S80 on ebay for $423 + $25 S&H, - $25 instant rebate from
paypal, rebate code C1-HOLIDAY2005.

Then a Kingston Elite Pro 1GB secure digital on newegg.com for $58, +$5
for 3 day shipping. There's a $10 mail-in rebate on that item.