Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Powershot A410 vs Kodak Easyshare C330?

Canon Powershot A410 vs Kodak Easyshare C330?

Giorgio Katonah

Hi,

I'm in the market for a simple, while good looking digicam that
supports optical zoom.

I researched a bit on the web and went to some stores. I narrowed down
my choice to the Canon Powershot A410 and the Kodak Easyshare C330.
Now, which one to choose?

Regarding specs, the C330 seems to be ahead since it offers 4MP,
compared to teh 3.2MP of the A410.
On the other hand, while both cameras get fairly good reviews (cf. for
instance:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Kodak_EasySh...1355774-2.html,
and:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...ew/index.shtml,
respectively), I get the impression that Canon-cameras are generally
particularly appreciated. Also, the A410 is a bit fresher a model and
sports a chip which is also used in much more sophisticated models by
Canon. And, of course, 3.2MP are well enough for point-and-shoot.

Could the geometry of the camera-body be a factor? I know from my own
experience with a (different class of camera) Minolta DiMage X, that it
could be a bit difficult to hold the camera still, if geometry is not
that balanced. Here, the boxy C330 could gain some extra-points
compared to the quite wide A410 (I'm thinking about one-hand-use).

Any comments, suggestions, or experiences are highly welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Giorgio