Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Reading Device.

Reply
Thread Tools

Reading Device.

 
 
Matalog
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
Is there such a thing that allows you to plug in your photo cards
(sd,xd,compactflash or whatever) into a USB reader that will allow any
computer with USB sockets to read them?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Matalog
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
I just searched for it in google, it seems it's quite a common thing.

Did anyone buy the 23 in 1 reader from ebay? Was it good?






"Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpHdf.19493$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there such a thing that allows you to plug in your photo cards
> (sd,xd,compactflash or whatever) into a USB reader that will allow any
> computer with USB sockets to read them?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
"Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Did anyone buy the 23 in 1 reader from ebay? Was it good?


23? How on earth did they manage to invent that many types? I
thought 12 or so was the maximum even with the most generous way of
counting.

--
Måns Rullgård
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Matalog
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005

"Måns Rullgård" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > Did anyone buy the 23 in 1 reader from ebay? Was it good?

>
> 23? How on earth did they manage to invent that many types? I
> thought 12 or so was the maximum even with the most generous way of
> counting.
>
> --


There's actually a 33 in 1 reader too, here they are - Some very similar!
1.. CF1
2.. CF2
3.. Extreme CF
4.. Extreme 3 CF
5.. Ultra 2 CF
6.. HS CF
7.. MD
8.. MS
9.. MS Duo
10.. MS Magic Gate
11.. MS Magic Gate Duo
12.. MS Magic Gate Pro
13.. MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
14.. Extreme MS Pro
15.. Extreme 3 MS Pro
16.. Ultra 2 MS Pro
17.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro
18.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
19.. MS ROM
20.. MS Select
21.. SD
22.. Mini SD
23.. Extreme SD
24.. Extreme 3 SD
25.. Ultra 2 SD
26.. MMC 1
27.. MMC 2
28.. MMC 4.0
29.. RS MMC
30.. HS RS MMC
31.. SM
32.. XD
33.. T-Flash

> Måns Rullgård
> (E-Mail Removed)



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
"Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "Måns Rullgård" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>
>> > Did anyone buy the 23 in 1 reader from ebay? Was it good?

>>
>> 23? How on earth did they manage to invent that many types? I
>> thought 12 or so was the maximum even with the most generous way of
>> counting.

>
> There's actually a 33 in 1 reader too, here they are - Some very similar!
> 1.. CF1
> 2.. CF2
> 3.. Extreme CF
> 4.. Extreme 3 CF
> 5.. Ultra 2 CF
> 6.. HS CF
> 7.. MD


Is it even possible to make a CF reader incapable of reading one or
more of those, except for the type 1/2 distinction?

> 8.. MS
> 9.. MS Duo
> 10.. MS Magic Gate
> 11.. MS Magic Gate Duo
> 12.. MS Magic Gate Pro
> 13.. MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
> 14.. Extreme MS Pro
> 15.. Extreme 3 MS Pro
> 16.. Ultra 2 MS Pro
> 17.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro
> 18.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
> 19.. MS ROM
> 20.. MS Select


Again, pro/non-pro are the only interface differences I know of.

> 21.. SD
> 22.. Mini SD
> 23.. Extreme SD
> 24.. Extreme 3 SD
> 25.. Ultra 2 SD


More of the same nonsense.

> 26.. MMC 1
> 27.. MMC 2
> 28.. MMC 4.0
> 29.. RS MMC
> 30.. HS RS MMC


And even more.

> 31.. SM
> 32.. XD


What? Couldn't they come up with half a dozen variants of those formats?

> 33.. T-Flash


Electrically identical to SD, and usually comes with an adapter.

I wonder why they don't list all the Lexar variants while they're at it.

--
Måns Rullgård
(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
kctan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
Off course with Win XP but not Win 9x as it needs to load its card reader
driver to work.

"Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpHdf.19493$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there such a thing that allows you to plug in your photo cards
> (sd,xd,compactflash or whatever) into a USB reader that will allow any
> computer with USB sockets to read them?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
c
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005

"Måns Rullgård" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > "Måns Rullgård" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >>
> >> > Did anyone buy the 23 in 1 reader from ebay? Was it good?
> >>
> >> 23? How on earth did they manage to invent that many types? I
> >> thought 12 or so was the maximum even with the most generous way of
> >> counting.

> >
> > There's actually a 33 in 1 reader too, here they are - Some very

similar!
> > 1.. CF1
> > 2.. CF2
> > 3.. Extreme CF
> > 4.. Extreme 3 CF
> > 5.. Ultra 2 CF
> > 6.. HS CF
> > 7.. MD

>
> Is it even possible to make a CF reader incapable of reading one or
> more of those, except for the type 1/2 distinction?
>
> > 8.. MS
> > 9.. MS Duo
> > 10.. MS Magic Gate
> > 11.. MS Magic Gate Duo
> > 12.. MS Magic Gate Pro
> > 13.. MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
> > 14.. Extreme MS Pro
> > 15.. Extreme 3 MS Pro
> > 16.. Ultra 2 MS Pro
> > 17.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro
> > 18.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
> > 19.. MS ROM
> > 20.. MS Select

>
> Again, pro/non-pro are the only interface differences I know of.
>
> > 21.. SD
> > 22.. Mini SD
> > 23.. Extreme SD
> > 24.. Extreme 3 SD
> > 25.. Ultra 2 SD

>
> More of the same nonsense.
>
> > 26.. MMC 1
> > 27.. MMC 2
> > 28.. MMC 4.0
> > 29.. RS MMC
> > 30.. HS RS MMC

>
> And even more.
>
> > 31.. SM
> > 32.. XD

>
> What? Couldn't they come up with half a dozen variants of those formats?
>
> > 33.. T-Flash

>
> Electrically identical to SD, and usually comes with an adapter.
>
> I wonder why they don't list all the Lexar variants while they're at it.
>
> --
> Måns Rullgård
> (E-Mail Removed)


Actually, there is a 42 in 1 card reader on EBay. It is made by Sabrent. The
details are here: http://www.sabrent.com/products/specs/SBT-CRW42.htm. These
are made in both internal and external configurations. The internal reader
fits in a 3.5" bay.

Chris


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
"c" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Actually, there is a 42 in 1 card reader on EBay. It is made by Sabrent. The
> details are here: http://www.sabrent.com/products/specs/SBT-CRW42.htm. These
> are made in both internal and external configurations. The internal reader
> fits in a 3.5" bay.


Come on guys, I'm sure there are few more card labels out there.
Listing all capacities individually would be a good start.

--
Måns Rullgård
(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Randy Given
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-15-2005
The SanDisk 12 reader is good, compact, stands up, takes little desktop
space.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reading a file and resuming reading. Karim Ali Python 2 05-25-2007 02:04 PM
UnauthorizedAccessException when reading XML files (no problem when reading other file-types) blabla120@gmx.net ASP .Net 0 09-15-2006 02:08 PM
DVD ROM not reading DVDs but reading CDs sayeed.afzal@gmail.com Computer Information 0 05-22-2006 10:37 AM
ASP.NET Reading problem (reading .xls) Wael Soliman ASP .Net 2 01-03-2005 05:33 PM
reading the DB vs. reading a text file...performance preference? Darrel ASP .Net 3 11-11-2004 02:27 PM



Advertisments