Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HELP!!!! for Nikon D70

HELP!!!! for Nikon D70

crazylikedat

The memory card light on the back of my D70 is blinking continuously.
It is doing so when turned off and turned on - when moved to the on
position it doesn't even turn the camera on but the light still blinks.
I have taken out the batteries and the flash card with no resolve. Do
any of you have an idea on what may be happening?

Thanks,

Tanya

c_ladybug@yahoo.com

It has come to our attention that select electrical components in a limited
number of D70 cameras may, in some instances, fail affecting camera
performance and/or operability.

While only a limited number of D70 cameras are affected by this advisory, if
(1) when a memory card is inserted, your D70's memory card access lamp
blinks, locking camera operations and preventing operation, or (2) with no
memory card inserted, the camera will not turn on despite the battery
indicator showing a fully charged battery, Nikon Inc. will service it free
of charge.

To obtain complimentary service for cameras affected by this advisory,
please click the link below to download and print the Service Return Form.
The Service Return Form provides return instructions.

The Frequently Asked Questions button at the bottom of this page offers more
information about this advisory and, should you have more questions, also
provides information about how to contact Nikon.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience.

you will find that at
http://www.nikonusa.com/email_images...isory/d70.html

we had the same problem and hunted all over the place before finding this
and it explains alot.
Our camera works intermittantly, seems the more we use it the less we have
trouble with it but we're about ready to send it in for repair after this
week-end

cjcampbell

You have the blinking green light of death, a known bug in a few D70s.
Nikon has a recall for cameras exhibiting this symptom.

http://www.nikon.com.sg/service/D70.htm

It is caused by a defective flexible chip, mostly in early D70 cameras.

Contact your local authorized Nikon service center.

Jim

"crazylikedat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> The memory card light on the back of my D70 is blinking continuously.
> It is doing so when turned off and turned on - when moved to the on
> position it doesn't even turn the camera on but the light still blinks.
> I have taken out the batteries and the flash card with no resolve. Do
> any of you have an idea on what may be happening?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Tanya

This is a well known hardware failure. Nikon will fix it free.
Jim