Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > AUTUMN EAGLES LOVE THE 20D !!!

AUTUMN EAGLES LOVE THE 20D !!!

Annika1980

Mark²

Annika1980 wrote:

Is that a crop?
It looks quite blurry to me.

Robert R Kircher, Jr.

> Annika1980 wrote:
>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/51861960/original

> Is that a crop?
> It looks quite blurry to me.

It actually looks hazy to me. Maybe some contrast/saturation adjustments
may make some difference.

--

Rob
"A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

=?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=

"Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> writes:

> Annika1980 wrote:
>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/51861960/original

> Is that a crop?
> It looks quite blurry to me.

The contrast is a bit low too. Adjusting the levels a bit makes it
look much better.

--
Måns Rullgård

JohnR66

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

Is something up with PBase? I can't see the photo, has X mark. Catalog shows
only a couple thumbnails. Rest with X. Same when I go to other user's photos
too.
John

Mark²

JohnR66 wrote:
> "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/51861960/original
>>

> Is something up with PBase? I can't see the photo, has X mark.
> Catalog shows only a couple thumbnails. Rest with X. Same when I go
> to other user's photos too.
> John

Ya, Pbase just went on the blink within the last 15 minutes or so.
It's not just his photos...

Annika1980

>It actually looks hazy to me. Maybe some contrast/saturation adjustments
>may make some difference.

It was a hazy morning and the pic was taken from about 600 yards over
water, so the viewing conditions were not quite ideal. I guess I need
to train that damn bird to come closer. Guess I'll have to go buy a
big rubber fish.

Donald Gray

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 19:47:28 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
number here)@cox..net> wrote:

>JohnR66 wrote:
>> "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/51861960/original
>>>

>> Is something up with PBase? I can't see the photo, has X mark.
>> Catalog shows only a couple thumbnails. Rest with X. Same when I go
>> to other user's photos too.
>> John

>Ya, Pbase just went on the blink within the last 15 minutes or so.
>It's not just his photos...

working ok now (13:40 Monday 7th Nov)

Bill Hilton

> Annika1980 wrote
>
>the pic was taken from about 600 yards over water ...
>I guess I need to train that damn bird to come closer

There are a couple of places in Alaska with large eagle populations you
can photograph in the winter months at closer range ... sometimes you
have to back up to get head shots I got these a couple years ago
with a 10D (and also better ones with film, I was evaluating film vs
digital in the field on that trip) ...

http://members.aol.com/bhilton665/ea...tal/flight.jpg
http://members.aol.com/bhilton665/ea...igital/cry.jpg
http://members.aol.com/bhilton665/ea...gital/head.jpg
http://members.aol.com/bhilton665/ea...l/immature.jpg

Bill

Annika1980

>There are a couple of places in Alaska with large eagle populations you
>can photograph in the winter months at closer range ... sometimes you
>have to back up to get head shots

That would be like cheating. I'd love to go to Alaska someday,
although I'm not sure I'd love it in the Winter months.
Maybe early September. We only have about 4-5 eagles within 50 miles of
where I live. I like finding their nests. Currently, I know where 3
nests are, but there's at least one more I haven't found yet. When I
see an eagle (or an Osprey like I did this morning, I get excited). I
don't know if I'd get the same satisfaction taking eagle pics in
Alaska. Like shooting fish in a barrel, dontcha know.
However, I do enjoy looking at great pics like yours of the big birds
up close.