Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > another cable release question...

another cable release question...

simon

I had a Richoh KR10-M some years ago..
I now have a Pentax istDL

The Ricoh remote switch fits the pentax Jack plug and if you are in auto
focus the camera goes into focus (half pressed shutter) mode as soon as the
remote is plugged in.
however if depressed in Bulb mode it trips the shutter but does not release
it if you let go - you have to pull the jack plug out to release the
shutter.
In any other mode than Bulb the shutter trips fine.

The plug for the Ricoh remote switch only has two contacts on it - I think
the Pentax needs a Jack Plug with Three contacts and this is why it does not
work properly.
Can anyone confirm this and even better tell me how the Pentax remote is
wired up eg what switch position relates to which contact on the jack plug??

Pete D

There is a couple of sites on how to make one for yourself, I would think a
quick search will find one of those and you should be able to work it out
from there.

news:dkghpa$prj$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...