Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The GIMP on the go - in your PDA!

The GIMP on the go - in your PDA!

Mike Henley

Put linux in your IPAQ and you can have the GIMP in your pocket.

http://handhelds.org/~gpe/gallery/vi...&id=land_22637
http://handhelds.org/~gpe/gallery/vi...edapps&id=gimp

Matt Ion

Mike Henley wrote:
> Put linux in your IPAQ and you can have the GIMP in your pocket.
>
> http://handhelds.org/~gpe/gallery/vi...&id=land_22637
> http://handhelds.org/~gpe/gallery/vi...edapps&id=gimp

What, no PalmOS version?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0543-2, 10/27/2005
Tested on: 10/29/2005 11:55:11 PM

Paul Allen

Matt Ion wrote:
> Mike Henley wrote:
>
>> Put linux in your IPAQ and you can have the GIMP in your pocket.
>>
>> http://handhelds.org/~gpe/gallery/vi...&id=land_22637
>>
>> http://handhelds.org/~gpe/gallery/vi...edapps&id=gimp

> What, no PalmOS version?

On the iPaq, the first thing you do is wipe the PocketPC installation
and replace it with Linux. Then you can install the developer tools
and compile jut about aanything that runs on Linux. I don't think
there's a Linux port to Palm hardware, but you can find out for sure
over at handhelds.org.

Paul Allen