Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak DX6440 vs C360

Kodak DX6440 vs C360

leesls@hotmail.com

Hi, I was wanting some info on a couple of Kodak cameras if anyone can
help.

Ive currently got a DX6440 and im wanting to upgrade to something more
compact so its easier to carry around. I think the Dx6440 is a bit on
the large side. I want to stay with Kodak as I love the quality of the
photos. Looking at thier smaller cameras Im liking the look of the
C360. I can get this camera for a very decent price, a lot less than I
purchased the DX6440 for, which is my only concern. Compared to the
DX6440, is the C360 a bit of a step back? I know its better Megapixels
but will I notice better photos or is the DX6440 a better camera and
would I be wasting my money ?

Lee

Gerrit 't Hart

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi, I was wanting some info on a couple of Kodak cameras if anyone can
> help.
>
> Ive currently got a DX6440 and im wanting to upgrade to something more
> compact so its easier to carry around. I think the Dx6440 is a bit on
> the large side. I want to stay with Kodak as I love the quality of the
> photos. Looking at thier smaller cameras Im liking the look of the
> C360. I can get this camera for a very decent price, a lot less than I
> purchased the DX6440 for, which is my only concern. Compared to the
> DX6440, is the C360 a bit of a step back? I know its better Megapixels
> but will I notice better photos or is the DX6440 a better camera and
> would I be wasting my money ?
>

> Lee

Lee
The DX6440 has a Schneider lens which IMHO is better than the Retinar of the
C630.
The C630 is not that much smaller than the DX6440 Height and thickness are
virtually identical.
The DX has 4 times optical zoom the C only 3 times.
I think you are going backwards with the C.

Gerrit

Gerrit 't Hart

Lee

You may also wish to read reviews on:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/c360.html

and

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/dx6440.html

Gerrit

Ron Hunter

> Hi, I was wanting some info on a couple of Kodak cameras if anyone can
> help.
>
> Ive currently got a DX6440 and im wanting to upgrade to something more
> compact so its easier to carry around. I think the Dx6440 is a bit on
> the large side. I want to stay with Kodak as I love the quality of the
> photos. Looking at thier smaller cameras Im liking the look of the
> C360. I can get this camera for a very decent price, a lot less than I
> purchased the DX6440 for, which is my only concern. Compared to the
> DX6440, is the C360 a bit of a step back? I know its better Megapixels
> but will I notice better photos or is the DX6440 a better camera and
> would I be wasting my money ?
>

> Lee

They are pretty close except in the zoom range. The 4X zoom of the
DX6440 is something I would sorely miss, but your needs may not be the same.
I can't see the C360 as a substantial improvement over the DX6440 such
that I would consider giving up the 4X zoom. The camera is also
somewhat heavier than the DX6440.

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)

Ron Baird

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hi, I was wanting some info on a couple of Kodak cameras if anyone can
>help.
>
>Ive currently got a DX6440 and im wanting to upgrade to something more
>compact so its easier to carry around. I think the Dx6440 is a bit on
>the large side. I want to stay with Kodak as I love the quality of the
>photos. Looking at thier smaller cameras Im liking the look of the
>C360. I can get this camera for a very decent price, a lot less than I
>purchased the DX6440 for, which is my only concern. Compared to the
>DX6440, is the C360 a bit of a step back? I know its better Megapixels
>but will I notice better photos or is the DX6440 a better camera and
>would I be wasting my money ?
>

>Lee

Greetings Lee,

I have a DX6440 and I love mine. It gives me some control over the
action of the camera and I like to excercise those options on occasion.
I find it to be an excellent camera, one of the best Kodak has offered.
At the same time, it is a High Zoom camera as Kodak catagorizes it which
means it has the attributes to be in that grouping. Also, the C360 has a
CCD that is one megapizel larger and offers the advantages of a larger
file size. If you plan to make large enlargements, this may be a
consideration. The C360 does offer quite a few more scene modes that
makes it a very fast as well as versatile camera. Just click it to the
situation you are in and you can expect great shots.

Since I do not know your financial situation, I will spend your money.
In addition to the C360 there are other smaller and more efficient
cameras, i.e. the V series. Take a look at the V550. It will have all
the features of the 360 and more. It also shoots TV quality movies from
which you can extract still prints. More money be a really nice setup.
Check it out. If you have not visited the Kodak site for these cameras
give it a try. I would also strongly suggest a visit to a local retailer
to see if you can get a hands on review. I alwasy like to handle a
camera before I use it and certainly before I buy it.

Talk to you soon, Lee, sorry I am late in getting back to you, was off
on some other business and also had to change some email issues around.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company