Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java applet question

java applet question

brickled

hello all,

I am new to java and java applets. i'm trying to "interact" with a java
applet on a website. After loading the webpage that contains the applet into
a browser object (in visual basic.net) i was able to to make simple calls to
the java applet - calls such as .getcodebase and .getparameter along with a
few others.

i decompiled the java class files for this applet (the web site stores them
in a zip file on your local drive) and found that there's mountains of
functions that make up this applet. sadly though, so far i have not been
able to call the same functions when using the approach that worked with
..getcodebase and the others.

i know my details are sketchy here (trademark of a beginner) - but hopefully
there's enough here to help you help me.

thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 3, 1:12 am, "brickled" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hello all,

To:
comp.lang.java.softwaretools, comp.lang.java,
comp.lang.javascript, comp.lang.java.databases,
comp.lang.java.gui, comp.lang.java.help,
comp.lang.java.machine, comp.lang.java.programmer

Gee. You're important, or at least, you must
think you are. Since I am not important enough
to post to 8 groups, I'll restrict my reply to 3,
and set follow-ups to c.l.j.programmer only

> I am new to java and java applets. i'm trying to
> "interact" with a java applet on a website. ...

What applet? What web site? URL?

Andrew T.

brickled

i'm not important - i just post to a lot of different groups hoping someone
out there will help out.

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> On Mar 3, 1:12 am, "brickled" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > hello all,

> To:
> comp.lang.java.softwaretools, comp.lang.java,
> comp.lang.javascript, comp.lang.java.databases,
> comp.lang.java.gui, comp.lang.java.help,
> comp.lang.java.machine, comp.lang.java.programmer
>
> Gee. You're important, or at least, you must
> think you are. Since I am not important enough
> to post to 8 groups, I'll restrict my reply to 3,
> and set follow-ups to c.l.j.programmer only
>
> > I am new to java and java applets. i'm trying to
> > "interact" with a java applet on a website. ...

> What applet? What web site? URL?
>
> Andrew T.

Joshua Cranmer

brickled wrote:
> i'm not important - i just post to a lot of different groups hoping someone
> out there will help out.
>
> "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>> On Mar 3, 1:12 am, "brickled" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> hello all,

>> To:
>> comp.lang.java.softwaretools, comp.lang.java,
>> comp.lang.javascript, comp.lang.java.databases,
>> comp.lang.java.gui, comp.lang.java.help,
>> comp.lang.java.machine, comp.lang.java.programmer
>>
>> Gee. You're important, or at least, you must
>> think you are. Since I am not important enough
>> to post to 8 groups, I'll restrict my reply to 3,
>> and set follow-ups to c.l.j.programmer only
>>
>>> I am new to java and java applets. i'm trying to
>>> "interact" with a java applet on a website. ...

>> What applet? What web site? URL?
>>
>> Andrew T.

1. Javascript != java
2. Applets have nothing to do with databases if you're just learning
about them.
3. Applets do not depend on software tools.
4. c.l.j.machine has to do with virtual-machine specific problems, again
outside the scope of applets.
5. This question only marginally deals with GUIs.
At best, one could claim posting to c.l.j, c.l.j.gui, c.l.j.help, and
c.l.j.p; c.l.j.gui is too weak a case to make.

Try posting not to catch as many people as possible but to catch only
relevant people.