Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji E510, Canon 520, Nikon 4600

Fuji E510, Canon 520, Nikon 4600

kappo50@yahoo.com

The Canon 520, Nikon 4600, and Fuji E510 are
all about the same price now. I like wide angle
more than tele, so I'm leaning to the Fuji. I read
a bunch of comments on it and there were some
negative ones, but they were all from the same
guy (doesn't mean not valid ) . Anyone out there
who's actually used all these ? It'll be for my kids
so I can get e-mail pictures of my grandkids if that
helps : - )

thanks

Neil Harrington

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> The Canon 520, Nikon 4600, and Fuji E510 are
> all about the same price now. I like wide angle
> more than tele, so I'm leaning to the Fuji. I read
> a bunch of comments on it and there were some
> negative ones, but they were all from the same
> guy (doesn't mean not valid ) . Anyone out there
> who's actually used all these ? It'll be for my kids
> so I can get e-mail pictures of my grandkids if that
> helps : - )
>
> thanks

I haven't used all of 'em, but I did have a Nikon 4100 which was the
immediate predecessor of the 4600. Essentially the same camera except the
4600 has a bigger LCD monitor (which is nice) and probably better red-eye
reduction, but loses the AF assist light and mike that the 4100 had. On
balance I think the changes favor the 4600.

My sister has the 4100 now and absolutely loves it. Her first digital. She
just got back from a trip to Greece and Turkey with 585 pictures. It's an
easy camera to use but still offers a number of interesting features that
other ultracompacts don't have. I think the 4100/4600 are just about perfect
for someone who doesn't need or want direct control over aperture and
shutter speed, etc.

Dunno about those Canon and Fuji models. My own inclination would be to
avoid Fuji as long as they're still using those pesky xD cards. The SD cards
used in the small Canons and Nikons are pretty much the standard nowadays,
which not only means you can get 'em anywhere but you can also get 'em quite
cheap when they're on sale and/or with rebate, which they usually are
somewhere. There are probably more cameras and other devices taking SD cards
than all other memory cards combined. The xD cards on the other hand are
only used by Olympus and Fuji, as far as I know, which means they will
probably always be harder to find and more expensive. That may or may not
matter to you.

Neil

Nikon Coolpix 4600 - system error hinchliffstevenospam@nospamyahoo.co.uk Digital Photography 2 12-25-2006 09:21 AM
Question about AF light on Nikon 4600 Charisma77star Digital Photography 4 06-06-2006 11:31 PM
Nikon 4600 Ken Digital Photography 2 05-18-2006 11:57 AM
Configuration Questons for New Dell 4600 PC DVD+ RW Drive Mike Computer Support 9 07-27-2004 11:20 PM
Scanner HP 4600 series Jerry G. Computer Support 0 04-23-2004 06:53 AM

Advertisments