Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Are there so many people with fast Internet connections??

Are there so many people with fast Internet connections??

arcturus1111gr@yahoo.gr

Heavy page with many photographs - first in visits in our site...???

http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/O...ographies.html

Dave R knows who

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Heavy page with many photographs - first in visits in our site...???

.....gets a headache.

Martin Francis

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Heavy page with many photographs - first in visits in our site...???
>
> http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/O...ographies.html

Sweet mother of web design...

Here's your antidote: http://www.sixbysix.co.uk (because we all had 56k
once...)

Martin

Celcius

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Heavy page with many photographs - first in visits in our site...???
>
> http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/O...ographies.html

What's the objective?

kashe@sonic.net

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:49:10 -0400, "Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>> Heavy page with many photographs - first in visits in our site...???
>>
>> http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/O...ographies.html
>>

>What's the objective?

To prove that the only thing dimmer than a Mensa member is an
inconsiderate Greek Mensa member?

arcturus1111gr@yahoo.gr

Objective already stated...

Why so many people try to load such a heavy page???

Do standards chamge?

Do people prefer detailed photographs versus fast loading?

I am trying to figure it out...

Ron Hunter

> Heavy page with many photographs - first in visits in our site...???
>
> http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/O...ographies.html

Yes, about 60% in the US at this point, and much higher in places like
S. Korea.

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)

Pete D

"Martin Francis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:djjkfd$plv$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Heavy page with many photographs - first in visits in our site...???
>>
>> http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/O...ographies.html
>>

> Sweet mother of web design...
>
> Here's your antidote: http://www.sixbysix.co.uk (because we all had 56k
> once...)
>
> Martin

Except they cheat because it is only 3 x 3.

arcturus1111gr@yahoo.gr

Is the Income the reason S. Korea stands so High? Or the cheap Internet
Access???

Hans-Georg Michna

On 24 Oct 2005 22:02:12 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Why so many people try to load such a heavy page???

How many tried? How many knew what to expect?

>Do standards chamge?

Yes.

>Do people prefer detailed photographs versus fast loading?

No, they prefer a compromise that's more on the fast loading
side.

>I am trying to figure it out...

Keep trying, but one badly designed page proves nothing, except
that not all Mensa members are perfect in every respect. (

Hans-Georg
( http://www.michna.com/kenya2005/ - loading slightly faster
( http://www.michna.com/photos/ - also loading slightly faster)

--