Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak P850 RAW files.

Kodak P850 RAW files.

KennyJr

Looking for some information on RAW files from the Kodak P850 camera.

1) I read on a website (don't remember which one) that the P850 saves
its RAW files in a "slightly lossy format", is this true?

2) What software reads RAW files from the P850?

Also if anyone has a P850 could you send me a couple of pictures in RAW
format to experiment with. I'd like two pictures. Picture number one I'd
like to be underexposed by a couple of stops. Picture number two at the
same shutter speed and ISO as number one, except with the lens cap on.
I'd like to see if dark frame subtraction works.

Send pictures to: kennyjr [at] floodcity [dot] net

Thanks in advance.

KennyJr

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Looking for some information on RAW files from the Kodak P850 camera.
>
> 1) I read on a website (don't remember which one) that the P850 saves
> its RAW files in a "slightly lossy format", is this true?
>
> 2) What software reads RAW files from the P850?
>
> Also if anyone has a P850 could you send me a couple of pictures in RAW
> format to experiment with. I'd like two pictures. Picture number one I'd
> like to be underexposed by a couple of stops. Picture number two at the
> same shutter speed and ISO as number one, except with the lens cap on.
> I'd like to see if dark frame subtraction works.
>
> Send pictures to: kennyjr [at] floodcity [dot] net
>
> Thanks in advance.

I know someone from Kodak reads this newsgroup and can answer my
question. I also have couple more questions to add. Here they are.

1) I read on a website (don't remember which one) that the P850 saves
its RAW files in a "slightly lossy format", is this true?

2) Is noise reduction applied to all images or just those with longer
shutter times. If all, is noise reduction applied to raw images?

3) What software reads RAW files from the P850?

4) Where can I find sample raw images from the P850?