Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Website Opinions?

Website Opinions?

Iraxl Enb

Was looking at prices for the Canon EOS 350D (Rebel
XT), and came across http://www.bestpricecameras.com,
which lists body only for $559 for the silver. That is
the lowest I have seen anywhere, and I wanted to find
out if anyone here has any experience buying from them?

BTW, that site seems to have good prices on lenses,
accessories etc...

Irax.
(not affiliated with the web site in any way...)

N.R.

look here:

sounds very bad

Iraxl Enb

Thanks! Glad I asked...

Irax.

N.R. wrote:
> look here:
> http://www.resellerratings.com/seller8754.html
>
> sounds very bad

Ed Ruf

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 05:50:13 -0500, in rec.photo.digital Iraxl Enb
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Was looking at prices for the Canon EOS 350D (Rebel
>XT), and came across http://www.bestpricecameras.com,
>which lists body only for $559 for the silver. That is
>the lowest I have seen anywhere, and I wanted to find
>out if anyone here has any experience buying from them?

Don't get your hopes up.
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Matt Clara

"Iraxl Enb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:diipsb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Was looking at prices for the Canon EOS 350D (Rebel
> XT), and came across http://www.bestpricecameras.com,
> which lists body only for $559 for the silver. That is
> the lowest I have seen anywhere, and I wanted to find
> out if anyone here has any experience buying from them?
>
> BTW, that site seems to have good prices on lenses,
> accessories etc...
>
> Irax.
> (not affiliated with the web site in any way...)

The camera sales industry is funny like that. In the computer parts
industry one can look around for the lowest priced part, order it and
usually be fine, though sometimes so many people order it, the part goes on
back order and it takes three months to get yours. In the camera sales
industry, the lowest prices come from scam artists who then look for ways to
pad your bill, or sell gray market when they claim USA warranty in the ads.
Look at www.bhphoto.com, www.adorama.com, and www.keh.com (KEH mostly for
used goods, but they have some new, too). That's as low as it goes without
getting ripped off. Those three are very trustworthy, as well, and I'm sure
some here can name a few more you can trust, too.

--
Regards,
Matt Clara

John A. Stovall

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:09:03 GMT, "Matt Clara"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Iraxl Enb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:diipsb$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Was looking at prices for the Canon EOS 350D (Rebel
>> XT), and came across http://www.bestpricecameras.com,
>> which lists body only for $559 for the silver. That is
>> the lowest I have seen anywhere, and I wanted to find
>> out if anyone here has any experience buying from them?
>>
>> BTW, that site seems to have good prices on lenses,
>> accessories etc...
>>
>> Irax.
>> (not affiliated with the web site in any way...)

>The camera sales industry is funny like that. In the computer parts
>industry one can look around for the lowest priced part, order it and
>usually be fine, though sometimes so many people order it, the part goes on
>back order and it takes three months to get yours. In the camera sales
>industry, the lowest prices come from scam artists who then look for ways to
>pad your bill, or sell gray market when they claim USA warranty in the ads.
>Look at www.bhphoto.com, www.adorama.com, and www.keh.com (KEH mostly for
>used goods, but they have some new, too). That's as low as it goes without
>getting ripped off. Those three are very trustworthy, as well, and I'm sure
>some here can name a few more you can trust, too.

I would add Amazon to that list at least as far as Canon Gear goes.
The free ship and points with their credit card for many things like
my 20D and 5D a better deal than B&H. Now they are starting to carry
the "L" lens which means my 35mm f/1.4L will come from there with the
points from the 5D added makes them the best. They also have an
outstanding return policy.

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

setting up website inside a website sck10 ASP .Net 1 04-13-2006 09:18 PM
Website on a website. Shawn ASP .Net 3 01-15-2006 04:58 AM
deploying website or copying website? Flip ASP .Net 1 11-22-2005 06:25 PM
how to reinstall website when the name of the website changed. A Leon HTML 4 03-04-2004 07:44 AM
Update website via website? Adrian Wood HTML 13 02-25-2004 11:32 PM

Advertisments