Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Alright...

Alright...

MarkČ

....So the Padres are the suckiest team to ever win their division...But as I
was going through some old image files...I came accross this shot I snapped
that turned out to be the final grunt from a future-hall-of-famer, batting
legend:

Mike Warren

MarkČ wrote:
> ...So the Padres are the suckiest team to ever win their
> division...

Who?

> But as I was going through some old image files...I came
> accross this shot I snapped that turned out to be the final grunt
> from a future-hall-of-famer, batting legend:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/50566039/original

Ah, someone hitting a round thing with a stick.

<gdr>

--
Mike Warren
My web gallery: http://web.aanet.com.au/miwa/mike

MarkČ

Mike Warren wrote:
> MarkČ wrote:
>> ...So the Padres are the suckiest team to ever win their
>> division...

> Who?
>
>> But as I was going through some old image files...I came
>> accross this shot I snapped that turned out to be the final grunt
>> from a future-hall-of-famer, batting legend:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/50566039/original

> Ah, someone hitting a round thing with a stick.

Yes...
-And making millions for it.

Steve Cutchen

In article <434b58df$0$64078$(E-Mail Removed) ws.net>,
Mike Warren <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> MarkČ wrote:
> > ...So the Padres are the suckiest team to ever win their
> > division...

> Who?
>
> > But as I was going through some old image files...I came
> > accross this shot I snapped that turned out to be the final grunt
> > from a future-hall-of-famer, batting legend:
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/50566039/original

> Ah, someone hitting a round thing with a stick.
>
> <gdr>

Why to you hate America?

John A. Stovall

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:59:33 GMT, Steve Cutchen <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <434b58df$0$64078$(E-Mail Removed) ws.net>,
>Mike Warren <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> MarkČ wrote:
>> > ...So the Padres are the suckiest team to ever win their
>> > division...

>> Who?
>>
>> > But as I was going through some old image files...I came
>> > accross this shot I snapped that turned out to be the final grunt
>> > from a future-hall-of-famer, batting legend:
>> >
>> > http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/50566039/original

>> Ah, someone hitting a round thing with a stick.
>>
>> <gdr>

>Why to you hate America?

"Thanks for the American dream,
To vulgarize and to falsify until
the bare lies shine through.
Thanks for a country where
nobody's allowed to mind their
own business.
Thanks for the last and greatest
betrayal of the last and greatest
of human dreams."

"Thanksgiving Prayer"
William Burroughs
(1914-1997)

Randall Ainsworth

In article <utI2f.1062$UF4.360@fed1read02>, MarkČ < here)@cox..net>
wrote:

> ...So the Padres are the suckiest team to ever win their division...But as I
> was going through some old image files...I came accross this shot I snapped
> that turned out to be the final grunt from a future-hall-of-famer, batting
> legend:

There are people out there that actually care about the National League?

Kinon O'Cann

"MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
> ...So the Padres are the suckiest team to ever win their division...But as
> I was going through some old image files...I came accross this shot I
> snapped that turned out to be the final grunt from a future-hall-of-famer,
> batting legend:

Not sure that the Padres are any suckier than this year's Yanks, but that's
a nice shot of Gwynn. If he had played in one of the media centers (NY,
Boston, LA, etc) he'd be canonized by the local media and fans. Great
hitter.

> http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/50566039/original

Kinon O'Cann

"Randall Ainsworth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:111020050534584346%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <utI2f.1062$UF4.360@fed1read02>, MarkČ < here)@cox..net>
> wrote:
>
>> ...So the Padres are the suckiest team to ever win their division...But
>> as I
>> was going through some old image files...I came accross this shot I
>> snapped
>> that turned out to be the final grunt from a future-hall-of-famer,
>> batting
>> legend:

> There are people out there that actually care about the National League?

Yes, even though I'm from the Boston area, I hate the DH, and very much
prefer the NL style game. The DH is a curse on the league, and it came far,
far too late for Dick Stewart (aka Dr. Strangeglove).

Biker2 \(Threadstopper\)

"MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
> ...So the Padres are the suckiest team to ever win their division...But as

> was going through some old image files...I came accross this shot I

snapped
> that turned out to be the final grunt from a future-hall-of-famer, batting
> legend:

Oh look! a man playing Rounders

Steve

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Kinon O'Cann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2rO2f.1$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
>> ...So the Padres are the suckiest team to ever win their division...But
>> as I was going through some old image files...I came accross this shot I
>> snapped that turned out to be the final grunt from a
>> future-hall-of-famer, batting legend:

> Not sure that the Padres are any suckier than this year's Yanks, but
> that's a nice shot of Gwynn. If he had played in one of the media centers
> (NY, Boston, LA, etc) he'd be canonized by the local media and fans. Great
> hitter.

Oh the Yankees are far better than the Padres could hope to be but they're
not good enough as the Angels proved. Their pitching has been too
unreliable and that's what wins in the playoffs.