Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to (batch) set EXIF date taken and IPTC creation date and creation time for photos with filenames YYMMDDHHMMSS#.jpg?

How to (batch) set EXIF date taken and IPTC creation date and creation time for photos with filenames YYMMDDHHMMSS#.jpg?

guercheLE@gmail.com

Folks,

My cameraphone does not embed EXIF and IPTC information on photos
taken, but name the files with date taken (yymmddhhmmss#.jpg). Do any
of you out there know of a program which lets (batch/bulk) tag photos
with EXIF/IPTC information based on file's name?

Thanks in advance,

Luciano Evaristo Guerche
Taboao da Serra, SP, Brazil

Digital Photography Now

ACDSee has had batch exif data editing capabilities for a while now. Version
8 is just out and that now supports IPTC metadata as well, though I can't
see it in the batch options.

We're giving ten copies of ACDSee 8 away this month, though the prize draw
is restricted to UK and Ireland residents; apologies if you aren't eligible.

If you are, the details for entry are here:

http://dpnow.com/2175.html

Good luck!

Ian

Digital Photography Now