Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > legality of a picture

legality of a picture

wonders in the world

I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything with
them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

Flatulant Dingo

On 2 Oct 2005, at 23:19:03 [GMT -0700] (16:19:03 Monday, 3 October 2005
where I live) "wonders in the world" wrote:

> Can I do anything with them like use them on my website, or still I have
> to get his own consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

Only if he has a boner.

John H. Holliday

"wonders in the world" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything with
> them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

Seems to me you need to find a more mature BF

Doc

Don

"wonders in the world" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything with
> them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

So ya got dumped...............get over it and get on with your life.

Frank ess

John H. Holliday wrote:
> "wonders in the world" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures
>> of
>> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
>> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything
>> with them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his
>> own
>> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

> Seems to me you need to find a more mature BF

Or at the very least add "former" to his title.

Never mind. It's just a troll.

--
Frank ess

Lee

You have no rights what-so-ever over these photo's, except for your own
private use.

If you publish them there are also a vast number of other laws that you
could be breaching, which are much more serious than the actual copyright
issue itself.

The photographer owns the rights to the photo's, unless agreed otherwise in
a contract. Even then, just because the photographer took the photo, if
doesn't mean that even he/she can necessarily legally publish the photo.

A word of advise, don't do anything with them, unless you are looking for
problems. Of course, the exception would be if there aren't any
identifiable features in the photo, although this is usually fairly
unlikely.

"wonders in the world" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything with
> them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

kashe@sonic.net

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 09:11:21 -0700, "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>John H. Holliday wrote:
>> "wonders in the world" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>> I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures
>>> of
>>> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
>>> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything
>>> with them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his
>>> own
>>> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

>> Seems to me you need to find a more mature BF
>>

>Or at the very least add "former" to his title.
>
>Never mind. It's just a troll.

While they're at it, they could add immature to the GF's
title.

OTOH, if they stay together, no one else will get stuck with
either of them.

MarkČ

John H. Holliday wrote:
> "wonders in the world" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
>> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
>> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything
>> with them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
>> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

> Seems to me you need to find a more mature BF

Likewise, it seems to me the boyfriend needs to find a more mature
girlfriend--who won't set out to post nudie pics of him without his
consent--regardless of how much he may have ticked her off at some point.

MarkČ

Don wrote:
> "wonders in the world" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
>> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
>> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything
>> with them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
>> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.
>>

> So ya got dumped...............get over it and get on with your life.

Good call.

Further...If I was a guy that might have been interested in her...the
posting of that photo (by her) would serve only as a clear signal that she
is a petty, vengeful girl who should never EVER be trusted...much
less...dated.

And never mind that I wouldn't ever send a pic like that.
-Posting a shot like that is just cheap, low, and a generally lame thing to
do.

Ray Fischer

wonders in the world <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
>himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
>Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything with
>them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
>consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

Well, do you want to be a rhymes-with-witch? Or do you want to be
a well-mannered lady? And do you really care about copyright laws?

--
Ray Fischer