Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Problem with Canon File Viewer

Problem with Canon File Viewer

Tim Rogers

I have had my Canon 300d for over a year now and have been very pleased.
However, I have recently had a problem with the Canon File Viewer Utility
1.3 software that came with the camera. When I try to launch it from my
desktop it appears briefly and then shuts down. The only way I can get it to
work is to launch ZoomBrowser EX then goto the Process RAW image. I have
tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but to no avail. Is there an update
for this software or does anyone have a solution to this problem???

jb

Tim Rogers wrote:
> I have had my Canon 300d for over a year now and have been very pleased.
> However, I have recently had a problem with the Canon File Viewer Utility
> 1.3 software that came with the camera. When I try to launch it from my
> desktop it appears briefly and then shuts down. The only way I can get it to
> work is to launch ZoomBrowser EX then goto the Process RAW image. I have
> tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but to no avail. Is there an update
> for this software or does anyone have a solution to this problem???

You might give Irfanview a try. Press 'T' to view thumbnails.

It's freeware at http://www.irfanview.com/

Ray Fischer

Tim Rogers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I have had my Canon 300d for over a year now and have been very pleased.
>However, I have recently had a problem with the Canon File Viewer Utility
>1.3 software that came with the camera. When I try to launch it from my
>desktop it appears briefly and then shuts down. The only way I can get it to
>work is to launch ZoomBrowser EX then goto the Process RAW image. I have
>tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but to no avail. Is there an update
>for this software or does anyone have a solution to this problem???

Yes, there is an update. Yes, you could have found it if you'd looked
in the obvious place: www.canon.com.

Yes, I'm going to be nice and point you to the specific web page:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...4&modelid=9430

--
Ray Fischer

Tim Rogers

"Ray Fischer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dhsvjn$uo3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tim Rogers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>I have had my Canon 300d for over a year now and have been very pleased.
>>However, I have recently had a problem with the Canon File Viewer Utility
>>1.3 software that came with the camera. When I try to launch it from my
>>desktop it appears briefly and then shuts down. The only way I can get it
>>work is to launch ZoomBrowser EX then goto the Process RAW image. I have
>>tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but to no avail. Is there an
>>update
>>for this software or does anyone have a solution to this problem???

> Yes, there is an update. Yes, you could have found it if you'd looked
> in the obvious place: www.canon.com.
>
> Yes, I'm going to be nice and point you to the specific web page:
> http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...4&modelid=9430

Had looked in the 'obvious' place on www.canon.co.uk but that download
wasn't there on the uk site. However, have done the update from
www.canon.com and it has updated but the problem still remains! At least I
can get to it via ZoomBrowser EX

Tim