Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Add security lose network - why?

Add security lose network - why?

Jon Sadler

Hi people,

I am trying (still) to secure my home wireless connection. I can get both
WPA-PSK (using XP zero config.) and WEP to configure using my Origo WLL-3810
router and netgear (Wg311v2 PCA card). The Netgear smart config. panel says
there is a link but I cannot get any external IP. So I get a page not found
error when accessing explorer. I am doing something very simple and silly
incorrect? I have the XP firewall tagged in net settings. Could this be
the cause of the problem?

Thanks

Jon

=?Utf-8?B?TW9yZml1cw==?=

Try removing any firewalls or bridges. that you temporarily they sometimes
tend to cause problems. Second, If you wanna use a firewall do not use
Windows firewall it is lame. Zone alarm offers a free firewall you can use.