Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Creative News on cleaning your sensor

Creative News on cleaning your sensor

Frank ess

Charlie Self

Frank ess wrote:
> http://www.creativepro.com/story/fea...l?cprose=daily

Not too bad until he gets near the end, with "Don't use your own
brush...order of magnitude of cleanliness...and cost some money"
nonsense.

Digital Photography Now

An even better idea - buy an Olympus E-System camera? The sensor stays clean
all the time. A bold claim, maybe, but it's true.

Ian

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com
Visit our discussion forum at http://dpnow.com/Forums.html

"Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.creativepro.com/story/fea...l?cprose=daily

Celcius

Yep!
A curtain starts vibrating at thousands of vibrations a second...
and the whole thing falls to minuscule pieces ))
Marcel

"Digital Photography Now" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:M4V_e.3897$O%(E-Mail Removed)...
> An even better idea - buy an Olympus E-System camera? The sensor stays

clean
> all the time. A bold claim, maybe, but it's true.
>
> Ian
>
> Digital Photography Now
> http://dpnow.com
> Visit our discussion forum at http://dpnow.com/Forums.html
>

> "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://www.creativepro.com/story/fea...l?cprose=daily

Digital Photography Now

More precisely, the infra red filter in front of the sensor itself (I'm 99%
sure it's the IR filter) is vibrated at around 30Khz, shaking any dust off.
The sensor itself is not moved at all. There are sticky pads in the mirror
box to pick up dust particles. The vibration cycle runs each time the camera
is switched on. Most E-Series users report dust-free images with their
cameras.

Ian

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com
Visit our discussion forum at http://dpnow.com/Forums.html

"Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yep!
> A curtain starts vibrating at thousands of vibrations a second...
> and the whole thing falls to minuscule pieces ))
> Marcel
>

> "Digital Photography Now" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:M4V_e.3897$O%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> An even better idea - buy an Olympus E-System camera? The sensor stays

> clean
>> all the time. A bold claim, maybe, but it's true.
>>
>> Ian
>>

>> "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > http://www.creativepro.com/story/fea...l?cprose=daily

Darrell

"Digital Photography Now" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:M4V_e.3897$O%(E-Mail Removed)...
> An even better idea - buy an Olympus E-System camera? The sensor stays
> clean all the time. A bold claim, maybe, but it's true.

So what happens to all the crud that's on the ring outside of the sensor?
Olympus never told me where it goes.

Digital Photography Now

The collecting pads can be changed if you have the camera serviced, though
the very fact that the dust gets shaken off in the first is the key factor.

Ian

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com
Visit our discussion forum at http://dpnow.com/Forums.html