Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Macro lens on a camera with a macro setting???

Macro lens on a camera with a macro setting???

mitchell.chris@gmail.com

I have been experimenting with the macro mode on my Minolta Z1 the last
few weeks and have been very happy. I was curious what would happen if
i purchased a macro lens in addition to the macro setting on my camera.
Would it magnify tht much more or would the photo become blury at some
point? Is it just a waste of money?

Thanks
Chris

Charles

On 27 Sep 2005 19:43:22 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I have been experimenting with the macro mode on my Minolta Z1 the last
>few weeks and have been very happy. I was curious what would happen if
>i purchased a macro lens in addition to the macro setting on my camera.
> Would it magnify tht much more or would the photo become blury at some
>point? Is it just a waste of money?
>
>Thanks
>Chris

Generally they just let you focus closer and closer until the subject
touches the glass. that's the limit. Some adapters provide
additional magnification without using up the working didtance. I
have a couple, can't find either one now, so I can't give you any
details.

I built a super one with a 20X magnifier mounted on a lens cap. Gave
lots of magnification, no depth of field. Pretty much useless.

Lighting gets difficult when you get in way close as well.

Charles

On 27 Sep 2005 19:43:22 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I have been experimenting with the macro mode on my Minolta Z1 the last
>few weeks and have been very happy. I was curious what would happen if
>i purchased a macro lens in addition to the macro setting on my camera.
> Would it magnify tht much more or would the photo become blury at some
>point? Is it just a waste of money?
>
>Thanks
>Chris

Look at the super-macro items on this page.

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/S2is/