Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon flash extension cord

Canon flash extension cord

photomoron@yahoo.com

I figure this ain't a good idea, but I'm still interested. It came to
pass that I mounted my 550EX in an umbrella adapting bracket and
connected it to a light stand. Now I needed to make my flash fire with
EOS 10d. I have a relatively short coiled off shoe ttl cord that would
serve this purpose. But I'd like to create even more separation between
the camera and the light than my cord would permit. I have another
coiled ttl cord to back up the first. What if I hooked them together to
double the length of my cord? I know there are lot of other ways to do
this. The ST-E2(?) wireless flash transmitter, use a Wein or similar
slave based system and lose ttl, but I just wonder about this thought
experiment. Like I said I wouldn't think it would be a good idea
running all that electricity around in ways that had not been
anticipated.

Stephen M. Dunn

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writes:
$ What if I hooked them together to
$double the length of my cord?

Certainly, not an officially supported configuration. But,
in practice, it may work; other people have taken a different
approach and spliced longer cable into the middle of an OCSC2
and it's worked.

You already have all the equipment, so it shouldn't hurt to give
it a shot. It's unlikely to damage anything, so either it works,
or it doesn't.
--
Stephen M. Dunn <(E-Mail Removed)>