Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon SD400 LCD screens

Canon SD400 LCD screens

Expert Witness

I can pick up a brand new one for a good price-- but I read about the LCD
screens breaking on this model. Are these screens more susceptible to damage
than other cameras in its class?

S1

MarkČ

Expert Witness wrote:
> I can pick up a brand new one for a good price-- but I read about the
> LCD screens breaking on this model. Are these screens more
> susceptible to damage than other cameras in its class?

Perhaps it's because people stick them in their back pocket, not realizing
the stress they are applying to the sides of the camera body and screen in
particular.
These tiny, pocketable cameras are subject to far more abuse, IMO, since
they are stuffed in places where they get squeezed/flexed.

Savvy 1

"Expert Witness" <x@nospamcourt> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I can pick up a brand new one for a good price-- but I read about the LCD
>screens breaking on this model. Are these screens more susceptible to
>damage than other cameras in its class?
>
> S1

Savvy 1

>I can pick up a brand new one for a good price-- but I read about the LCD
>screens breaking on this model. Are these screens more susceptible to
>damage than other cameras in its class?
>
> S1

Steven Wandy

> >I can pick up a brand new one for a good price-- but I read about the LCD
> >screens breaking on this model. Are these screens more susceptible to
> >damage than other cameras in its class?

I had the 410 and my son had the 400 (atleast until he "lost" it on a cruise
ship - he now has my 410). Never had a problem with the LCD screen.

MarkČ

Steven Wandy wrote:
>>> I can pick up a brand new one for a good price-- but I read about
>>> the LCD screens breaking on this model. Are these screens more
>>> susceptible to damage than other cameras in its class?
>>>

> I had the 410 and my son had the 400 (atleast until he "lost" it on a
> cruise ship - he now has my 410). Never had a problem with the LCD
> screen.

Ya, but that's because you're smart enough to NOT carry it...and sit on
it...in your back pocket.
Some folks just don't get the whole bend/pressure concept (!).