Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Using SB-800 to trigger other SB-800 using D1 cameras

Using SB-800 to trigger other SB-800 using D1 cameras

[BnH]

Hi all,

I been in and out a few forums, read the manual but seems can't figure out
how to trigger other SB-800 using the SB-800 mounted on top of my D1H and S2
Pro.

Is it impossible to do without a SU-4 ? or I read the wrong section of the
manual ?

TIA

=bob=

Roy

"[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote in message
news:43351321$0$25147$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I been in and out a few forums, read the manual but seems can't figure out
> how to trigger other SB-800 using the SB-800 mounted on top of my D1H and
> S2 Pro.
>
> Is it impossible to do without a SU-4 ? or I read the wrong section of the
> manual ?
>
> TIA
>
> =bob=

Hi there.

I don't have 2 SB800s, only 1 SB600, so can't really help.

I agree that for the price of these guns, the instruction manuals are not
much help.

Have a look at http://www.imaging-resource.com
where you will find a detailed description of Flash use in the Nikon D70
Review.

Hope it helps, if you do not get a detailed answer here.

Roy G

[BnH]

Its done.
A further googling around reveals that SU-4 is actually BUILT into the
SB-800 now
I really have no idea what's the difference between the slave on the SB-26,
SB-30,SB-80DX I have
[and if they are no different , why they name that mode SU-4 now ]

anyway just set it to SU-4 mode and you are set to go
its not actually CLS, but it'll do til I upgrade to a new body.

=bob=

"Roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JG9Ze.13741$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi there.
>
> I don't have 2 SB800s, only 1 SB600, so can't really help.
>
> I agree that for the price of these guns, the instruction manuals are not
> much help.

Walter Hofmann

[BnH] <b18> schrieb:

> I been in and out a few forums, read the manual but seems can't figure out
> how to trigger other SB-800 using the SB-800 mounted on top of my D1H and S2
> Pro.

Set them both to SU-4 in the custom menu.

Walter