Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is this photo real?

Is this photo real?

no_name

> or is it photoshopped? My knees soften just looking at it.
>
> http://tinypic.com/dxirlj.jpg

Looks like the boulder is wedged quite solidly in between the two rock
faces. Same principle as the cam wedges climbers now use instead of pitons.

no_name

Jer wrote:

> Stacey wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>

>>> Just looked it up. It's 1000m high (3,281 ft). Sounds like you, DD Rox,
>>> won't do like those guys here
>>>
>>> http://tinypic.com/dxjntk.jpg
>>>

>> That's insane..

> Next time I see Darwin, I'm gonna ask him if he's aware of this
> situation. Seems there are still some people around that haven't met him.

Apparently it's also a popular spot for base jumping.

no_name

Chris Brown wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Chris Brown wrote:

>>>Given how much the chock-stone must weigh, I doubt someone standing on it is
>>>going to make it go anywhere in a hurry.

>>I'd be more worried about me being thrown off balance by a gust of
>>wind.

> Do you find this happens a lot? I mean, it would seem to be just as likely
> when walking next to a busy road.

Most busy roads don't have a thousand foot drop just inches away.

Mr.Happy

wilt

>>Next time I see Darwin, I'm gonna ask him if he's aware of this
situation. Seems there are still some people around that haven't met
him. <<

My wife and I spent some time roaming Ireland last summer. The Cliffs
of Moher (spelling?) are cracking and falling hundreds of feet into the
ocean below. You can SEE the cracks with no effort at all. You can
see the rocks below in the surf. You can see the Einsteins standing on
the cracked rock faces of the cliff, looking below at the rocks in the
surf.

Chris Brown

In article <b3UYe.71953$(E-Mail Removed) >,
no_name <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Chris Brown wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>I'd be more worried about me being thrown off balance by a gust of
>>>wind.

>> Do you find this happens a lot? I mean, it would seem to be just as likely
>> when walking next to a busy road.

>Most busy roads don't have a thousand foot drop just inches away.

A bus going over your head leaves you just as dead.

no_name

Chris Brown wrote:

> In article <b3UYe.71953$(E-Mail Removed) >,
> no_name <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Chris Brown wrote:

>>>Do you find this happens a lot? I mean, it would seem to be just as likely
>>>when walking next to a busy road.

>>Most busy roads don't have a thousand foot drop just inches away.

> A bus going over your head leaves you just as dead.

If you're dumb enough to play out in the traffic.

Chris Brown

In article <PUWYe.48764$(E-Mail Removed) >,
no_name <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Chris Brown wrote:
>
>> In article <b3UYe.71953$(E-Mail Removed) >,
>> no_name <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Most busy roads don't have a thousand foot drop just inches away.

>> A bus going over your head leaves you just as dead.

>If you're dumb enough to play out in the traffic.

The traffic is on the road, you were walking next to it, the wind blew you
off bal...

....oh sod it, life's too short.

Paul Schilter

MarkČ,
Damn, he should have been using a carbon fiber tripod.
Paul

MarkČ wrote:

snipped

> -On the other hand...
> ...the famous "old man of the mountain" face finally came tumbling down.
> -You know--the one on a state quarter?
>
> :-O

Paul Schilter

Rox,
It's not the falling.......it's the sudden stop.
Paul

snipped