Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > copyright

copyright

KM

What is everyone using to watermark or to put your copyright on a
photo that is published or displayed on the web?

Any shareware programs?

Just curious,

Kyle

Alex

Kyle,

The easiest way if you have a version of PainShopPro or Photoshop is to use
layers - i.e. a transparent layer with text on top of the main picture.

I guess it might be possible to achieve with a transparent font colour, but
not sure.

This piece of shareware looks worth trying, but dont know how long the trial
period lasts...

http://www.epcsoft.net/easybatchwatermark.htm

Alex

"KM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is everyone using to watermark or to put your copyright on a
> photo that is published or displayed on the web?
>
> Any shareware programs?
>
> Just curious,
>
> Kyle

David Dyer-Bennet

KM <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> What is everyone using to watermark or to put your copyright on a
> photo that is published or displayed on the web?

It's not terribly important; not required by law to be specific.

The ones I'm putting IPTC data into anyway, I put copyright
information into the IPTC fields for that. This can be done with
Irfanview (free) or Pixvue (free), but mostly I'm using Thumbs Plus
(from www.cerious.com) because I do it as part of my overall
organizing of the photos.

Bob Harrington

KM wrote:
> What is everyone using to watermark or to put your copyright on a
> photo that is published or displayed on the web?
>
> Any shareware programs?
>
> Just curious,
>
> Kyle

Copyrightleft is a useful tool for imprinting text onto images. It can
be a tad confusing, be sure to only play with copies of your images
until you have it figured out.

http://www.lunerouge.org/gnu/crl_e.htm

Bob ^,,^