Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Interesting information about Pricewatch.Com and its owner

Interesting information about Pricewatch.Com and its owner

investigations05@aol.com

Many of you know the site http://www.pricewatch.com but how many know
anything beyond the vague contact information on the site.

It seems that owner and president of the Price Watch Corporation, Mr.
Michael Garces (also known as Manuel Garces) (PriceWatch Corp
Corporation) doesn't want to talk to anyone on the telephone or really
deal with anyone for that fact

So we did our own searching and this is what we found

1st of all, lets take a look at the Corporate Record for Price Watch
Corporation with the State of Texas at the following link

http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/serv...ID=17427862366

This shows the following record

Company Information: PRICE WATCH CORPORATION
1250 NE LOOP 410 STE 405
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78209-1524

November 15, 2005
Registered Agent: MICHAEL GARCES
717 N HARWOOD FL 6 ATTN LB 911407
DALLAS, TX 75201
(The old Maxus Energy Tower in Dallas - now KPMG Centre)

Registered Agent Resignation Date:
State of Incorporation: TX
File Number: 0135856700
Charter/COA Date: June 7, 1995
Charter/COA Type: Charter
Taxpayer Number: 17427862366

PRESIDENT MICHAEL A GARCES
1250 N E LOOP 410 SUITE 405
SAN ANTONIO , TX 78209

After some sweet talking to an employee with the state of Texas, we
also found out that Mr. Garces has filed a extension to update their
corporate public info and that the company most likely started out in
1995 at the following address

348 TUTTLE DR
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78209-6147

A small house on .15 acres

http://www.bcad.org/clientdb/propert...sp?PROP=345395

Property was valued at around $80,000 in 1999

It also appears that he owned another property down the street at 332
Tuttle Drive valued at $77,800

These properties it seems he owned under his most likely given name of
Manuel Garces.

Also it shows that Mr. Michael A. Garces (and his wife?) Carla owned
properties at

(All in San Antonio, Texas - values in 1999)

43 Bristol Green - valued at $419,700
53 Bristol Green - valued at $304,400
2 Worthsham Dr - vlaued at $40,000
2 Walford Ct - valued at $50,000
6 Admirals Way - valued at $700,000 **This is his primary residence**
23 Worthsham Drive - valued at $317,600
8 Davenport LN - valued at $1,507,800

If you look at the deed history at the Bristol Green properties - you
will see it listed the 348 Tuttle as the registered address - hence the
established link that Manuel Garcas and Michael A (aka Michael) Garcas
are the same person

In 2000 he got rid of both Tuttle Properties and one of the Bristol
Green properties. No more going by Manuel it seems either

He added a new property at 3 Kings Ml valued at $356,400 in 2000

It seems in 2001, most of these properties with the exception of the 6
Admirals Way property (most likely his primary residence) were deeded
over (normal deeds) to an entity called " SAKI 2001 TRUST "

A couple of the properties were sold outright

A couple years later, he deeded over the 6 Admiral's Way property to
SAKI 2001 TRUST using a SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED. Also a permit was
applied for this year by Mr. Garces for 4,500,000.00 of new
construction on the property as well.

This year Mr. Garcas via the SAKI 2001 Trust owns the following
properties

3 Kings Ml - valued at $349,400
23 Worthsham Dr - valued at $301,170
8 Davenport Ln - valued at $1,444,200
6 Admirals Way - valued at $4,857,720

It appears that he has financed all of these properties through

Chase Bank Of Texas
and
Chase Manhattan Bank

Here is a listing that confirms the info from State of Texas about the
original Tuttle Address (348 Tuttle)

http://www.globalbusinesses.com/sananbus/73.shtml

Whatever is going on - Mr. Garces is doing quite well with Pricewatch
and whatever else he may have cooking up... Very interesting with all
the land changes, etc I think.

Currently a lady at the following CPA firm

Weilbacher & Associates PC
1250 NE Loop 410 Ste 405
San Antonio, TX 78209-1524
(210) 828-8800
fax (210) 828-9801
Contact: Kimberly Weilbacher

Handles all of the business end of it for http://www.pricewatch.com

The rest of the time you have to e-mail (no phone numbers listed for
pricewatch - remember Michael doesn't want to talk or deal with anybody
according to the lady at Weilbacher)

Other addresses listed for Price Watch and Manuel/Michael A Garces

PO BOX 47531
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78265-7531

yu

io

oi
7u
6
47i58

uk
;o
7
udti

Ray Wetwrth

What's your point, dimwit?

EF in FLA

> What's your point, dimwit?

He's really really really jealous.

ef

tlai909@visto.com

Is the owner doing something illegal?

T.

Charles

On 20 Sep 2005 19:19:02 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Is the owner doing something illegal?
>
>T.

Making a profit? Considered immoral by many.

tlai909@visto.com

> The rest of the time you have to e-mail (no phone numbers listed for pricewatch -
> remember Michael doesn't want to talk or deal with anybody according to the lady

Well yeah... if you have people snooping about your business and you
made it rich thru they internet, why would you want to deal with the
public?

The only people I'd deal with would be prospective females, Italian car
dealers and yacht merchants...

T.

Pix on Canvas

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Many of you know the site http://www.pricewatch.com but how many know
> anything beyond the vague contact information on the site.

What laws have this person or persons broken?
The sort of bent and twisted minds that compile this sort of information
really need urgent medial help.

It's a really sad fact that the Internet provides people with sick minds
intent on mischief, the ideal opportunity to slander and defame
otherwise honest business people.

I do question the value to business of having a site which can tell you
in an instant who is selling something cheap but hey... That's life and
more people benefit from it than not.

--
Douglas...
Have gun will travel... Said his card.

Roy

"Pix on Canvas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Many of you know the site http://www.pricewatch.com but how many know
>> anything beyond the vague contact information on the site.
>>

> What laws have this person or persons broken?
> The sort of bent and twisted minds that compile this sort of information
> really need urgent medial help.
>
> It's a really sad fact that the Internet provides people with sick minds
> intent on mischief, the ideal opportunity to slander and defame otherwise
> honest business people.
>
> I do question the value to business of having a site which can tell you in
> an instant who is selling something cheap but hey... That's life and more
> people benefit from it than not.
>

> --
> Douglas...
> Have gun will travel... Said his card.
> I didn't care, I shot him anyway.
> 1/125th @ f5.6. R.I.P. Mamiya.

I think his judgement, about not wanting to speak to strange people, is very
sound.

Roy G

Bill Tuthill

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> It seems that owner and president of the Price Watch Corporation,
> Mr. Michael Garces (also known as Manuel Garces) (PriceWatch Corp
> Corporation) doesn't want to talk to anyone on the telephone...

There is no law or ethical precept that you must talk to everyone
who calls you on the phone. Actually it's a bit stupid to do so.
Even people who aren't busy keeping tabs on a successful business
don't like talking to telemarketers.

Mike Berger

Congratulations to Mr. Garces. He's living the american dream.
Let's hope he doesn't turn into a heartless conservative.