Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon S9000 print head problem

Canon S9000 print head problem

Graham Russell

My 3 year old Canon S9000 printer is now reporting a print head failure. Has
anyone successfully replaced the print head in their S9000 or should I just
throw it away and get a new i9950?

If anyone in the UK has bought a new print head I'd appreciate knowing where
you got it from.

Cheers,
Graham.

------------------------------

Graham Russell Photography - www.grahamrussell.info
ProSportPhotos - www.prosportphotos.com

Stacey

Graham Russell wrote:

> My 3 year old Canon S9000 printer is now reporting a print head failure.
> Has anyone successfully replaced the print head in their S9000 or should I
> just throw it away and get a new i9950?

Depending on how much use it's had, might be better to just get a whole new
printer.

A tip I read, DON'T connect your printer to a power strip that you turn off
manually. Only use the printers power button to turn it on and off as this
controls when it does it's head cleaning thing. I don't know if you do this
but it does affect print head life.

--

Stacey

Graham Russell

"Stacey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Graham Russell wrote:
>
>> My 3 year old Canon S9000 printer is now reporting a print head failure.
>> Has anyone successfully replaced the print head in their S9000 or should
>> just throw it away and get a new i9950?
>>

> Depending on how much use it's had, might be better to just get a whole
> new
> printer.
>
> A tip I read, DON'T connect your printer to a power strip that you turn
> off
> manually. Only use the printers power button to turn it on and off as this
> controls when it does it's head cleaning thing. I don't know if you do
> this
> but it does affect print head life.
>
> --
>
> Stacey

I've ordered a new i9950 because the s9000 had earned it's keep!!! I need it
tomorrow because I need to calibrate it quickly as I've a rush job on.

I never turn the printer off on the wall first. I always turn it off using
the 'off' button so the print head is parked properly.

Luckily I can use my existing ink carts with the new printer. Just need to
order some red and green too!! I'm looking forward to higher quality prints
and edge to edge printing on more sizes too!!