Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak Easyshare question

Kodak Easyshare question

George Firestone

If you send digital images from your Kodak DX digital camera using Kodak
Easyshare software does the image arrive as .jpg images or
..kodak[1] images?

Marvin

George Firestone wrote:
> If you send digital images from your Kodak DX digital camera using Kodak
> Easyshare software does the image arrive as .jpg images or
> .kodak[1] images?

You can find out in moments by e-mailing an image to yourself.

SirRauke

Yes, the image arrives as a jpg. It will be opened by the default
software for jpg's on the recipients PC.

George Firestone

Well SirRauke, I have been receiving Kodak Easyshare emails from an amateur
sender and the images arrive with a .kodak[1] extension.
Ever get one?

"SirRauke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Yes, the image arrives as a jpg. It will be opened by the default
> software for jpg's on the recipients PC.

Ron Baird

Greetings George,

I wonder if your friend is sending you KDC files created in a DC120
camera or something else close that era. If not, then possibly he is
sending you files from a newer camera, i.e. RAW files that you are
confusing with others. Tell us more about the files or if you are
willing to share one with us, we can decipher and determine what it is.

I have found that the Irfanview program is great for opening and
reviewing KDC files as well as other formats. Free software and
download.

www.irfanview.com

Talk to you soon, let us know what you find.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company