Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Editing WMV files?

Editing WMV files?

Terry Pinnell

"Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Terry Pinnell wrote:
>> Terry Pinnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Thanks, Bill - but I cannot find that feature. I have version
>>> 1.1.2427.1, and I suspect you may be talking about 2.0 or 2.1? From
>>> googling, I gather I cannot download 2.1 without SP2. I don't want
>>> SP2, not yet anyway, as it caused serious problems when I last
>>> tried
>>> upgrading. Also, so far I have not been able to find a download for
>>> 2.0. Does anyone know where I can get it please?

>> OK, now found, downloaded and installed 2.0. Almost unrecognisable
>> compared to 1.1! Happily now also found that rotate feature thanks.

>For future reference: Quicktime does that stuff, too.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Did you see my subsequent post about the rotation distorting
proportions please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Frank ess

Terry Pinnell wrote:
> "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<Snippage has occurred>

>> For future reference: Quicktime does that stuff, too.

> Thanks, I'll try that.
>
> Did you see my subsequent post about the rotation distorting
> proportions please?

Yes. The few I've rotated in Quicktime have appeared normally
proportioned in my environment.

I believe it takes the pay-for version to accomplish this.

--
Frank ess

Ed Ruf

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:22:59 GMT, in rec.photo.digital

>On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:45:21 -0400, Ed Ruf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> >I make the occasional brief WMV file using 'movie' mode of my digital
>> >camera. These play on my PC using WMP (or, with difficulties,
>> >IrfanView). Can anyone please recommend some simple-to-use software
>> >(preferably freeware) that will let me perform some or all of the
>> >following basic operations on WMV files please:
>> >
>> >1) Change the orientation, i.e. from landscape to portrait or vice
>> >versa
>> >
>> >2) Remove unwanted sections, at least from start or beginning.
>> >
>> >3) Edit the soundtrack
>> >
>> >4) Convert the WMV to some more universal format like MPG.

>> http://www.virtualdub.org/

>Only old versions. Micro$oft threatened to sue if .wmv capability wasn't removed from the program.

OK, how about Radtools?
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Matt Ion

Frank ess wrote:
> Terry Pinnell wrote:
>
>> "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

> <Snippage has occurred>
>
>>> For future reference: Quicktime does that stuff, too.

>> Thanks, I'll try that.
>>
>> Did you see my subsequent post about the rotation distorting
>> proportions please?

> Yes. The few I've rotated in Quicktime have appeared normally
> proportioned in my environment.
>
> I believe it takes the pay-for version to accomplish this.

Free QuickTime enables the player only, although the "pro" capability is
there. Activating requires only entering a valid serial number.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0537-2, 09/16/2005
Tested on: 9/16/2005 11:35:57 PM

wmv file? Himm Firefox 10 02-08-2004 03:28 PM
I can play WMV videos with Mozilla 1.5 Madison Lapierre Firefox 1 12-21-2003 10:44 PM
Oops, sorry. Let me rephrase that. I CAN'T play WMV videos with Mozilla 1.5 Madison Lapierre Firefox 1 12-21-2003 07:00 PM
firebird not playing .WMV files Axl Firefox 7 12-10-2003 07:40 PM

Advertisments