Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT Goodbye

OT Goodbye

Don Stauffer

After over ten years of participating in rpd, I've had it with the OT
stuff, like gas prices and hurricanes, and the cross posting. My next
step after the send button will be the unsubscribe menu.

David J Taylor

Don Stauffer wrote:
> After over ten years of participating in rpd, I've had it with the OT
> stuff, like gas prices and hurricanes, and the cross posting. My next
> step after the send button will be the unsubscribe menu.

Sorry to see you go, Don. I simply mark the threads which don't interest
me as "read". Perhaps we will see you on one of the new groups:

rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
rec.photo.digital.zlr

David

Little Green Eyed Dragon

In article <aNiSe.3$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Don Stauffer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> After over ten years of participating in rpd, I've had it with the OT
> stuff, like gas prices and hurricanes, and the cross posting. My next
> step after the send button will be the unsubscribe menu.

If you had just learned in that 10 years how to killfile you would still
a happy camper.
--
Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere

Gary Eickmeier

Don Stauffer wrote:
> After over ten years of participating in rpd, I've had it with the OT
> stuff, like gas prices and hurricanes, and the cross posting. My next
> step after the send button will be the unsubscribe menu.

You've got to be shitting us. If you look at the threads above, they are
almost purely on topic. This group is one of the least affected by OT,
except for those spammers that hit ALL of the groups regularly with
their porno and harrassment.

Gary Eickmeier

MarkČ

"Don Stauffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aNiSe.3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> After over ten years of participating in rpd, I've had it with the OT
> stuff, like gas prices and hurricanes, and the cross posting. My next
> step after the send button will be the unsubscribe menu.

I see very few OT posts.
Perhaps you need a bit a tweaking to your reader...

MarkČ

"Don Stauffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aNiSe.3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> After over ten years of participating in rpd, I've had it with the OT
> stuff, like gas prices and hurricanes, and the cross posting. My next
> step after the send button will be the unsubscribe menu.

What reader are you using?
Does it organize by thread, or simply list posts?

MarkČ

"Don Stauffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aNiSe.3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> After over ten years of participating in rpd, I've had it with the OT
> stuff, like gas prices and hurricanes, and the cross posting. My next
> step after the send button will be the unsubscribe menu.

I just read through the most recent thread titles on this NG.
I had do go through 33 threads before I got to anything OT...and it was
clearly lebeled "OT" (OT Hurricane)!
You need to re-examine your opinion.

Celcius

"Don Stauffer" wrote in message
> After over ten years of participating in rpd, I've had it with the OT
> stuff, like gas prices and hurricanes, and the cross posting. My next
> step after the send button will be the unsubscribe menu.

Don't take this wrong, Don, but why did you feel compelled to write this
message? Why didn't you just leave? You really don't have to go. You can
just write to the group and say what's on your mind. You can simply ignore
the OT posts? I'd wager you don't find the same satisfaction with the
newsgroup as you might have before. If you're an advanced photographer, I
suppose you don't need to ask, only to give advice or answer. Perhaps you
don't see this as a challenge anymore? I can't believe you're leaving for
the sake of 3 recently posted and clearly identified OT''s... Personally, I
find this newsgroup a good source of ideas and exchanges are most of the
time on the mild side. Correct me if I'm wrong
Cheers!
Marcel

(PeteCresswell)

Per David J Taylor:
>Sorry to see you go, Don. I simply mark the threads which don't interest
>me as "read".

Also, for explicitly-identified threads (i.e. where Subject contains "OT:" or
some variation) you could conifg a few killfile entries if you don't want to
even see same.
--
PeteCresswell

Dean S. Lautermilch

"Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Don Stauffer" wrote in message
>> After over ten years of participating in rpd, I've had it with the OT
>> stuff, like gas prices and hurricanes, and the cross posting. My next
>> step after the send button will be the unsubscribe menu.

> Don't take this wrong, Don, but why did you feel compelled to write this
> message? Why didn't you just leave? You really don't have to go. You can
> just write to the group and say what's on your mind. You can simply ignore
> the OT posts? I'd wager you don't find the same satisfaction with the
> newsgroup as you might have before. If you're an advanced photographer, I
> suppose you don't need to ask, only to give advice or answer. Perhaps you
> don't see this as a challenge anymore? I can't believe you're leaving for
> the sake of 3 recently posted and clearly identified OT''s... Personally,
> find this newsgroup a good source of ideas and exchanges are most of the
> time on the mild side. Correct me if I'm wrong
> Cheers!
> Marcel

Consider it a courtesy. Often someone will unsubscribe from a Usenet group
and if they are a well known or liked individual, in time others will ask
about them. I've seen a few cases where it was discovered the person had
died or was in his hospital. He is giving everyone some closure including
himself.

Goodbye "Goodbye Ruby" Robert Schaaf Ruby 7 04-18-2009 09:37 PM
Goodbye Mozilla Joe S. Firefox 11 01-31-2005 11:08 AM
Goodbye Bush, and good riddance paul MCSE 135 11-05-2004 05:59 PM
goodbye Wapi choo MCSE 4 12-20-2003 01:25 AM
goodbye Wapi choo MCSE 1 12-19-2003 08:27 PM

Advertisments