Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon rebates

Nikon rebates

Lally1011@gmail.com

A blurb about Nikon rebates...

I am a hobbyist so I've bought several Nikon products. I can safely say
that their service has drastically worsened over the years.

I applied for two rebates for my D70 lenses. They have never contacted
me and Nikon doesn't work with you at all (I call and they say there is
no number for the rebate center). They don't even offer to help me.
This was back in May. I've e-mailed Nikon twice and both times they've
replied that I re-send all my info. They really don't know what they're
doing there. The first reply directed me to one address in NY. Last
month, after still not seeing anything on the rebate site, I sent
another email and they replied that re-send again to another different
address in NY. I bought my equipment from Abes of Maine is are very
close vendors of Nikon. They've also made some not-so-nice comments
about the rebates.

So very long story short, my best revenge was to dump Nikon altogether.
I've sold my d70 on ebay and moved over to Canon. I sold the lenses to
a friend - I'm done with Nikon. I didn't do this just because of this
one issue. I've had other issues with them for warranty issues. I moved
to Canon because they're right down the street from me so I can get
names and faces to take responsibility. That works the best.

I can only hope other will read this and think twice about buying
anything from Nikon because of an attractive rebate.

RichA

On 2 Sep 2005 11:36:26 -0700, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A blurb about Nikon rebates...
>
>I am a hobbyist so I've bought several Nikon products. I can safely say
>that their service has drastically worsened over the years.
>
>I applied for two rebates for my D70 lenses. They have never contacted
>me and Nikon doesn't work with you at all (I call and they say there is
>no number for the rebate center). They don't even offer to help me.
>This was back in May. I've e-mailed Nikon twice and both times they've
>replied that I re-send all my info. They really don't know what they're
>doing there. The first reply directed me to one address in NY. Last
>month, after still not seeing anything on the rebate site, I sent
>another email and they replied that re-send again to another different
>address in NY. I bought my equipment from Abes of Maine is are very
>close vendors of Nikon. They've also made some not-so-nice comments
>about the rebates.
>
>So very long story short, my best revenge was to dump Nikon altogether.
>I've sold my d70 on ebay and moved over to Canon. I sold the lenses to
>a friend - I'm done with Nikon. I didn't do this just because of this
>one issue. I've had other issues with them for warranty issues. I moved
>to Canon because they're right down the street from me so I can get
>names and faces to take responsibility. That works the best.
>
>I can only hope other will read this and think twice about buying
>anything from Nikon because of an attractive rebate.

You seem like a proactive guy. What can you do to get Canon to start
producing some lenses with Nikon's quality? I know it won't be easy,
especially with their wide angle lenses, but dammit, someone has to!
-Rich

"Bittorrents are REFUNDS for all the BAD movie products Hollywood
never gave us refunds for in the past"

george

You didn't follow the directions on the rebate form and track your rebate at
www.nikonusa.com/rebatecenter (it is the only text highlighted on the right
hand side of the form directly above the instructions on how to submit your
rebate)??? Mine took six weeks.

George

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>A blurb about Nikon rebates...
>
> I am a hobbyist so I've bought several Nikon products. I can safely say
> that their service has drastically worsened over the years.
>
> I applied for two rebates for my D70 lenses. They have never contacted
> me and Nikon doesn't work with you at all (I call and they say there is
> no number for the rebate center). They don't even offer to help me.
> This was back in May. I've e-mailed Nikon twice and both times they've
> replied that I re-send all my info. They really don't know what they're
> doing there. The first reply directed me to one address in NY. Last
> month, after still not seeing anything on the rebate site, I sent
> another email and they replied that re-send again to another different
> address in NY. I bought my equipment from Abes of Maine is are very
> close vendors of Nikon. They've also made some not-so-nice comments
> about the rebates.
>
> So very long story short, my best revenge was to dump Nikon altogether.
> I've sold my d70 on ebay and moved over to Canon. I sold the lenses to
> a friend - I'm done with Nikon. I didn't do this just because of this
> one issue. I've had other issues with them for warranty issues. I moved
> to Canon because they're right down the street from me so I can get
> names and faces to take responsibility. That works the best.
>
> I can only hope other will read this and think twice about buying
> anything from Nikon because of an attractive rebate.

Ray Wetwrth

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>A blurb about Nikon rebates...
>
> I am a hobbyist so I've bought several Nikon products. I can safely say
> that their service has drastically worsened over the years.
>
> I applied for two rebates for my D70 lenses. They have never contacted
> me and Nikon doesn't work with you at all (I call and they say there is
> no number for the rebate center). They don't even offer to help me.
> This was back in May. I've e-mailed Nikon twice and both times they've
> replied that I re-send all my info. They really don't know what they're
> doing there. The first reply directed me to one address in NY. Last
> month, after still not seeing anything on the rebate site, I sent
> another email and they replied that re-send again to another different
> address in NY. I bought my equipment from Abes of Maine is are very
> close vendors of Nikon. They've also made some not-so-nice comments
> about the rebates.
>
> So very long story short, my best revenge was to dump Nikon altogether.
> I've sold my d70 on ebay and moved over to Canon. I sold the lenses to
> a friend - I'm done with Nikon. I didn't do this just because of this
> one issue. I've had other issues with them for warranty issues. I moved
> to Canon because they're right down the street from me so I can get
> names and faces to take responsibility. That works the best.
>
> I can only hope other will read this and think twice about buying
> anything from Nikon because of an attractive rebate.

Crybaby.

Graybeard

I have three Nikon digital cameras, all purchased with mail-in rebates.
Never had any problems whatever!

--
Graybeard

Nostrobino

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>A blurb about Nikon rebates...
>
> I am a hobbyist so I've bought several Nikon products. I can safely say
> that their service has drastically worsened over the years.
>
> I applied for two rebates for my D70 lenses. They have never contacted
> me and Nikon doesn't work with you at all (I call and they say there is
> no number for the rebate center). They don't even offer to help me.
> This was back in May. I've e-mailed Nikon twice and both times they've
> replied that I re-send all my info. They really don't know what they're
> doing there. The first reply directed me to one address in NY. Last
> month, after still not seeing anything on the rebate site, I sent
> another email and they replied that re-send again to another different
> address in NY. I bought my equipment from Abes of Maine is are very
> close vendors of Nikon. They've also made some not-so-nice comments
> about the rebates.

Plenty of users make some not-so-nice comments about Abe's of Maine, too.

> So very long story short, my best revenge was to dump Nikon altogether.

For a "best revenge" that seems rather feeble. It seems highly unlikely that
Nikon ever noticed.

> I've sold my d70 on ebay and moved over to Canon. I sold the lenses to
> a friend - I'm done with Nikon. I didn't do this just because of this
> one issue. I've had other issues with them for warranty issues. I moved
> to Canon because they're right down the street from me so I can get
> names and faces to take responsibility. That works the best.
>
> I can only hope other will read this and think twice about buying
> anything from Nikon because of an attractive rebate.

I received the $50 rebate for my Nikon 8700 quite promptly--about three
weeks, which is unusually fast for a rebate check. No problems of any kind.
(Most rebate coupons say 8 to 10 weeks, but I've waited five months for a
rebate.)

Good luck with your switch to Canon, but getting a rebate from Canon was one
of the very few I ever had trouble with (and I get lots and lots and lots of
rebates). They sent me back a postcard saying my rebate request was rejected
because the serial number of the camera I bought was not in the correct
range. I wrote back pointing out that the rebate coupon said nothing about
any serial numbers, and I did buy the camera from an authorized Canon dealer
within the correct time frame, exactly the right model and including all
material EXACTLY as required for the rebate, and I WANTED MY REBATE, and if
I didn't get it I intended to file a complaint for consumer fraud. I got no
apology from them but they did send me the rebate.

N.

Ray Fischer

Ray Wetwrth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>>A blurb about Nikon rebates...
>>
>> I am a hobbyist so I've bought several Nikon products. I can safely say
>> that their service has drastically worsened over the years.
>>
>> I applied for two rebates for my D70 lenses. They have never contacted
>> me and Nikon doesn't work with you at all (I call and they say there is
>> no number for the rebate center). They don't even offer to help me.
>> This was back in May. I've e-mailed Nikon twice and both times they've
>> replied that I re-send all my info. They really don't know what they're
>> doing there. The first reply directed me to one address in NY. Last
>> month, after still not seeing anything on the rebate site, I sent
>> another email and they replied that re-send again to another different
>> address in NY. I bought my equipment from Abes of Maine is are very
>> close vendors of Nikon. They've also made some not-so-nice comments
>> about the rebates.
>>
>> So very long story short, my best revenge was to dump Nikon altogether.
>> I've sold my d70 on ebay and moved over to Canon. I sold the lenses to
>> a friend - I'm done with Nikon. I didn't do this just because of this
>> one issue. I've had other issues with them for warranty issues. I moved
>> to Canon because they're right down the street from me so I can get
>> names and faces to take responsibility. That works the best.
>>
>> I can only hope other will read this and think twice about buying
>> anything from Nikon because of an attractive rebate.
>>

>Crybaby.

Sucker

--
Ray Fischer