Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Aironet 1400 vs Trango Atlas 5010

Cisco Aironet 1400 vs Trango Atlas 5010

Ned

Has anyone compared the two? Looks like someone in my organization
purchased Trango and never checked with the IT department. Our shop is
Cisco and we would have selected an Aironet 1400. We use Radius
authentication which is not supported by this product, in general the
Cisco specs seem more secure. Can anyone comment?
Thanks
NH

Cisco Aironet 1400
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...08018495c.html
Security
Cisco Wireless Security Suite, including:
Authentication
802.1X support including LEAP to yield mutual authentication and
dynamic per-user, per-session encryption keys
Encryption
Support for static and dynamic IEEE 802.11 WEP keys of 40 bits and 128
bits
WPA TKIP and Cisco TKIP enhancements: key hashing (per packet keying),
Message Integrity Check (MIC), and broadcast key rotation

Trango Atlas 5010
http://www.trangobroadband.com/products/atlas_ptp.htm
Security
Proprietary MAC address authentication; 128-bit proprietary encryption;
over-the-air data scrambling; two level password control.