Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT - Gas prices where you are?

OT - Gas prices where you are?

PanHandler

It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
ago - probably higher now.

--
"VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.

BJ in Texas

PanHandler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
|| It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle.
|| That was an hour ago - probably higher now.
|| --
|| "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems:
|| Viruses, Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.

Haven't seen today, they were $2.42 yesterday but I suspect they
are going up with everyone elses.

"A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what
he can't." -- Rhonda Hansome

Rudy Benner

"PanHandler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FVnRe.1782$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
> ago - probably higher now.
>
> --
> "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
> Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.

We pay $1.059 Canadian for a litre of regular gas. A US gallon is 0.2641721
litres. Current rate of exchange is 0.8408.

That means we pay $4 Canadian or $3.57 US for a gallon of gas. A lot of that
is tax.

BillL

"Rudy Benner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PanHandler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FVnRe.1782$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an
>> hour
>> ago - probably higher now.
>>
>> --
>> "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
>> Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
>>

> We pay $1.059 Canadian for a litre of regular gas. A US gallon is
> 0.2641721 litres. Current rate of exchange is 0.8408.
>
> That means we pay $4 Canadian or $3.57 US for a gallon of gas. A lot of
> that is tax.

I think its about $6 - $7 per gallon in the UK? I don't really pay much
attention to the price as I use my car infrequently and its only got a 1.0
litre engine! ;o)

Hans Muecke

PanHandler wrote:

> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
> ago - probably higher now.

What are You complaining about??? I live in Germany and Exxon, Shell and
Aral raised the price for the litre 0.08 eurocents to an average of 1.40
euros over night. Gallon is around 3.78 litres and that means 5.29 euros
per gallon. That would mean after xchange rate a price of $6,52 ...
approximately 80 - 90% of it are taxes.

You must live in paradise ...

--
Wir mailen uns ... Hans

David J. Littleboy

"PanHandler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
> ago - probably higher now.

Prices that low are a crime against the environment.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Bob Salomon

In article <u1oRe.1799$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
"BJ in Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> PanHandler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> || It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle.
> || That was an hour ago - probably higher now.
> || --
> || "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems:
> || Viruses, Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
>
> Haven't seen today, they were $2.42 yesterday but I suspect they
> are going up with everyone elses.
>
> --

At the Gulf station on Rte. 46 in Parsippany, NJ regular was $2.55 this
morning. Of course that was for full service. Self-service is illegal in
NJ.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Ron Hunter

PanHandler wrote:
> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
> ago - probably higher now.

My wife went into Wal-Mart here (Ft. Worth) this morning, it was $2.649.
When she came out, it was $2.849!

--
Ron Hunter http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

eawckyegcy@yahoo.com

David J. Littleboy wrote:

> > It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
> > ago - probably higher now.

> Prices that low are a crime against the environment.

~100% sales taxes are a criminal act against me. Anyone who believes
any of the funds so absconded go to the 'environment' is living in a
fantasy world.

Ron Hunter

Rudy Benner wrote:
> "PanHandler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FVnRe.1782$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
>> ago - probably higher now.
>>
>> --
>> "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
>> Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
>>

> We pay $1.059 Canadian for a litre of regular gas. A US gallon is 0.2641721
> litres. Current rate of exchange is 0.8408.
>
> That means we pay $4 Canadian or $3.57 US for a gallon of gas. A lot of that
> is tax.

?? A litre is 1.08 qt. There are 4 quarts in a gallon, so something
amiss with your math.

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)