Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > SNMP - Monitor Temperature of any Cisco Devices

SNMP - Monitor Temperature of any Cisco Devices

tyeung@mk

Hi everyone

Is there a possibility to monitor the temperature of a cisco device
using SNMP? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks

Doug McIntyre

"tyeung@mk" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Is there a possibility to monitor the temperature of a cisco device
>using SNMP? If yes, how can I do that?

Sure, if you have a device that would support it. Ie. a 7200 or
Cat4500/Cat6500 certainly would have temperature probes you can measure.
A 831 or cat2924 don't have them.

You measure them out of the ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusTable in the
CISCO-ENVMON-MIB.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
tyeung@mk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Is there a possibility to monitor the temperature of a cisco device
:using SNMP? If yes, how can I do that?

Keeping in mind that very few Cisco devices -have- temperature monitors:

http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.d...fc0b6b2ef14ac5
--
Chocolate is "more than a food but less than a drug" -- RJ Huxtable

Igor Mamuzic

2800 series ISR-s have 'show environment all' command that outputs system
temperature (among the other things) in numerical form and the other devices
I manage in my net (Catalyst 3750, 3550 and 2611XM routers) are showing
temp only in descriptional form (TEMPERATURE: OK). This can be shown by the
'show env all' IOS command.
I suppose that you can pull these variables with SNMP.

B.R.
Igor

news:437f41d9$0$30631$(E-Mail Removed) anews.com...