Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 5D and EF-S Lenses

5D and EF-S Lenses

Anthony

Will the 5D take EF-S lenses?

Anthony

The EOS 5D offers complete compatibility with all Canon EVE lenses ,
providing photographers with access to a vast range of lenses with focal
lengths from 14 to 600 mm.

"Anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news8CdnZ2dnZ0vSeC7nZ2dnVQgkd6dnZ2dRVnyoJ2dnZ0@p ipex.net...
> Will the 5D take EF-S lenses?

Anthony

Sorry, meant to say 'EF lenses' not 'EVE lenses'.

"Anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The EOS 5D offers complete compatibility with all Canon EVE lenses ,
> providing photographers with access to a vast range of lenses with focal
> lengths from 14 to 600 mm.
>

> "Anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news8CdnZ2dnZ0vSeC7nZ2dnVQgkd6dnZ2dRVnyoJ2dnZ0@p ipex.net...
> > Will the 5D take EF-S lenses?

Neil Ellwood

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:36:53 +0100, Anthony wrote:

> Will the 5D take EF-S lenses?

You haven't been following this group? the 5D has a full frame sensor.
--
Neil
Delete delete to reply by email

John A. Stovall

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:48:19 +0100, "Anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Sorry, meant to say 'EF lenses' not 'EVE lenses'.

EF not EF-S, it's that simple. No they won't work, why would you want
them to.

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

Anthony

"Neil Ellwood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) m...

> You haven't been following this group?

Nope

the 5D has a full frame sensor.

Yup. As per my own reply to my post previously.

> --
> Neil
> Delete delete to reply by email

Anthony

10MM on a full frame sensor. Would have been interesting.

More importantly, I said that Canon would adopt the full frame sensor a year
ago. But, I was told that everything would APS. Mmm.

"John A. Stovall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:48:19 +0100,
>

> EF not EF-S, it's that simple. No they won't work, why would you want
> them to.

Bill Hilton

>Anthony writes ...
>
>More importantly, I said that Canon would adopt the full frame sensor a
>year ago.

Canon has offered a full-frame sensor in the 1Ds (and now the 1Ds M II)
for the past 3 years or so. Also a 1.3x sensor on the 1D and 1D Mark
II that also won't work with the EF-S lenses.

>But, I was told that everything would (be) APS.

Who told you this? For a few years now Canon has said they'll offer
different sensor sizes.

Darrell

"Anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news8CdnZ2dnZ0vSeC7nZ2dnVQgkd6dnZ2dRVnyoJ2dnZ0@p ipex.net...
> Will the 5D take EF-S lenses?

NOPE

John A. Stovall

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:45:33 +0100, "Anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>10MM on a full frame sensor. Would have been interesting.
>
>More importantly, I said that Canon would adopt the full frame sensor a year
>ago. But, I was told that everything would APS. Mmm.

Canon has had full frame sensor cameras for more than a year.

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/