Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HP product announcements

HP product announcements

wayne

Hi All,

HP just made some new printing announcements that could be of interest.
I posted the press release on www.dimagemaker.com

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, www.dimagemaker.com
Assistant Director, International Digital Art Award
Freelance writer and educator in graphic design, photography, digital
technology
Personal art site www.artinyourface.com

Father Kodak

On 24 Aug 2005 04:25:11 -0700, "wayne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>HP just made some new printing announcements that could be of interest.
>I posted the press release on www.dimagemaker.com

And I get some weird message about a SELECT command. Are you running
a database there? Anyway, the site doesn't grant access.

Chris Luck

"Father Kodak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 24 Aug 2005 04:25:11 -0700, "wayne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>HP just made some new printing announcements that could be of interest.
>>I posted the press release on www.dimagemaker.com

> And I get some weird message about a SELECT command. Are you running
> a database there? Anyway, the site doesn't grant access.

I'm getting that now, too, though I got straight through the first time I
looked.

It is/was about the 'new' technology that HP are getting excited over i.e
fixed print heads. They have upped the nozzle count and the size of the
heads to allow - they suggest - twice the speed of laser printers. They
also suggest lower running costs than lasers which I'll believe when I
experience it. They also talk of six colour-coordinated ink tanks.

It's some years since I foreswore Epson printers on the grounds of their
terminally clogging heads so, intuitively, I'm not too encouraged by this
development. I haven't used one myself but HP have been making fixed-head
business models for some time, apparently without the generic frailty of the
Epson's so perhaps they've just got a better grasp of the technology
required. Oh, and at least HP heads are user-replaceable - on the business
models that is - I don't recall the blurb covering such details for the new
models but I would expect it.

--
Regards,
Chris Luck