Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Manual teleconverter, lens with no aperture ring

Reply
Thread Tools

Manual teleconverter, lens with no aperture ring

 
 
Cynicor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2005
I was poking around in a camera store today, and they had a Spiratone 2x
TelXtender for Nikon that they gave me for $10. I figured the most I
could lose was $10.

It's a standard Nikon mount, and couples properly. Obviously it doesn't
do autofocusing and metering, but here's my question. I put it on a
Nikon D70 with a Nikon 70-200 VR lens; the lens doesn't have a manual
aperture ring. When I shoot in manual, what f-stop is the lens set at?

(It's a pretty crappy teleconverter - puts a little blue spot in the
middle of every photo - but I'm still curious and haven't been able to
google up the answer.)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
[BnH]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2005
For AF-S lens you might want to use Nikon AF-S TC.
The reason is that : when you mount it, good chance it will knock side to
side with your rear lens element

=bob=

"Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was poking around in a camera store today, and they had a Spiratone 2x
>TelXtender for Nikon that they gave me for $10. I figured the most I could
>lose was $10.
>
> It's a standard Nikon mount, and couples properly. Obviously it doesn't do
> autofocusing and metering, but here's my question. I put it on a Nikon D70
> with a Nikon 70-200 VR lens; the lens doesn't have a manual aperture ring.
> When I shoot in manual, what f-stop is the lens set at?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bill Hilton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2005
> ... they had a Spiratone 2x TelXtender for Nikon that they
>gave me for $10 ... I put it on a Nikon D70 with a
>Nikon 70-200 VR lens


Shudder ... there should be a law against putting a $10 Spiratone 2x
converter on a great lens like this ... "abuse of equipment"? "crimes
against nature"?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2005
[BnH] wrote:

> The reason is that : when you mount it, good chance it will knock side to
> side with your rear lens element



Kinda reminds me of a girl I once knew.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
 
Reply With Quote
 
Cynicor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2005
Bill Hilton wrote:
>>... they had a Spiratone 2x TelXtender for Nikon that they
>>gave me for $10 ... I put it on a Nikon D70 with a
>>Nikon 70-200 VR lens

>
>
> Shudder ... there should be a law against putting a $10 Spiratone 2x
> converter on a great lens like this ... "abuse of equipment"? "crimes
> against nature"?
>
>


I was JUST trying to see into my neighbor's house. If there's a law
against it I'd sure like to hear it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2005
Cynicor wrote:
> Bill Hilton wrote:
>
>>> ... they had a Spiratone 2x TelXtender for Nikon that they
>>> gave me for $10 ... I put it on a Nikon D70 with a
>>> Nikon 70-200 VR lens

>>
>>
>>
>> Shudder ... there should be a law against putting a $10 Spiratone 2x
>> converter on a great lens like this ... "abuse of equipment"? "crimes
>> against nature"?
>>
>>

>
>
> I was JUST trying to see into my neighbor's house. If there's a law
> against it I'd sure like to hear it.



There isn't. If they forget to close the drapes, it's their problem.
I've photographed people who left them open intentionally for their own
nefarious reasons and I send a pizza and a six-pack over to get them
ready for Act II.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RING RING RING Dashing through the wind, In a four dog dragged sleigh. Oh the street we go, laughing all the way Mathematician C++ 0 12-24-2006 02:26 PM
D80+better 2,8 aperture lens or D200 @ 3,5 lens?? BROZ Digital Photography 11 10-12-2006 02:24 PM
Ring Ring This Away strawberry.lina@gmail.com Computer Support 0 11-05-2005 08:01 PM
Digi-slave L-Ring Ultra II LED Ring Light Jim Hawkins Digital Photography 0 08-16-2005 12:12 PM
Ring ring....ring ring.... Slumpy Computer Support 1 07-06-2003 10:57 PM



Advertisments