Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Finally Broke down

Finally Broke down

rcrev

I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.

I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
7e.

Thank you all for you informative posts. I am hoping to be able to
contribute some of my own in the future

Ray

John A. Stovall

On 21 Aug 2005 04:32:09 -0700, "rcrev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
>gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.
>
>I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
>50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
>to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
>thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
>7e.

So you started chimping that quickly. There's no hope for you.

"A combat photographer should be able to make you see the
color of blood in black and white"

David Douglas Duncan
Speaking on why in Vietnam
he worked only in black and white
http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/exhibitions/online/ddd/

Paul Heslop

rcrev wrote:

> I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
> gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.
>
> I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
> 50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
> to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
> thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
> 7e.
>
> Thank you all for you informative posts. I am hoping to be able to
> contribute some of my own in the future
>
> Ray

good luck and enjoy!
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Mike Warren

rcrev wrote:
> I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
> gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.
>
> I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
> 50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
> to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
> thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
> 7e.
>
> Thank you all for you informative posts. I am hoping to be able to
> contribute some of my own in the future

Now you've got the camera, may the *real* spending begin.

-Mike

rcrev

One of the advantages of working in the printing industry is I have a
copy of PS 7 and a hefty PC. I have a Docucolor at work and a basic
Epson inkjet at work I hope that will hold me until it's time to buy a
big epson color printer

Ray

MarkČ

"John A. Stovall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 21 Aug 2005 04:32:09 -0700, "rcrev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
>>gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.
>>
>>I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
>>50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
>>to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
>>thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
>>7e.

> So you started chimping that quickly. There's no hope for you.

That's not true chimping...

MarkČ

"rcrev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> One of the advantages of working in the printing industry is I have a
> copy of PS 7 and a hefty PC. I have a Docucolor at work and a basic
> Epson inkjet at work I hope that will hold me until it's time to buy a
> big epson color printer
>
> Ray

Ah...but it's those lenses that get 'em every time...

John A. Stovall

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:54:29 -0700, "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even
number here)@cox..net> wrote:

>"John A. Stovall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On 21 Aug 2005 04:32:09 -0700, "rcrev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I have lurked here and at the 35mm news group for years. I have always
>>>gotten great insight and learned a lot. Now I wanted to share my joy.
>>>
>>>I just broke down and bought my first digicam a Rebel XT. After a bout
>>>50 shots I am in love. I can't believe how freeing the instant ability
>>>to see images and the lack of need for film actually is. I never
>>>thought I would say this but I think I found a replacement for my Elan
>>>7e.

>> So you started chimping that quickly. There's no hope for you.

>That's not true chimping...

It's the first step to a life of chimping. Many chimpers started
thinking they could take just one look...

"Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood, and the earth's foundations stay;
When God abandoned, these defended,
And saved the sum of things for pay."

"Epitaph on Army of Mercenaries"
A.E. Houseman - 1914

MarkČ

"John A. Stovall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:54:29 -0700, "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even
> number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>

>>"John A. Stovall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> So you started chimping that quickly. There's no hope for you.

>>That's not true chimping...
>>

> It's the first step to a life of chimping. Many chimpers started
> thinking they could take just one look...

Ya, well in my book, TRUE chimping is only there when the peeker makes the
excited, "Oooh-oooh-oooh" sounds, as they gaze at the image they just
captured....just like a chimp makes.