Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Replacing DC4800??

Replacing DC4800??

gmark@svs.com

I've got a Kodak DC4800 3.1 MP camera. I like it, and I
appreciate the external flash socket. I use it for indoor,
dimly-lit shots with an external flash. I find the flash on
the camera to be a bit dim. And I find the camera to have
a lot of delay. I'm looking for a replacement for the indoor,
dimly-lit shots with less delay and a better flash than the
one on this camera. I've been told that newer cameras are
much better, but I'm skeptical. And I don't want to have to
try several cameras and return them. I use the output mainly
for the web.

Any recommendations for a replacement? e-mail is fine.

TIA!

Mark

Ron Hunter

> I've got a Kodak DC4800 3.1 MP camera. I like it, and I
> appreciate the external flash socket. I use it for indoor,
> dimly-lit shots with an external flash. I find the flash on
> the camera to be a bit dim. And I find the camera to have
> a lot of delay. I'm looking for a replacement for the indoor,
> dimly-lit shots with less delay and a better flash than the
> one on this camera. I've been told that newer cameras are
> much better, but I'm skeptical. And I don't want to have to
> try several cameras and return them. I use the output mainly
> for the web.
>
> Any recommendations for a replacement? e-mail is fine.
>

> TIA!
>
> Mark

In the Kodak line, the Z cameras often have a jack for external flash,
or a 'hot shoe'. Check individual models for specs on the kodak
website. Most of these cameras also have excellent zooms, and good
lenses. The flash range is also better than the smaller cameras. Note
these cameras are a bit large than most would consider 'pocketable'.

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)