Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > EOS 20D vs. EOS Rebel XT?

EOS 20D vs. EOS Rebel XT?

Ivan

I'm can't decide which one...
Any advice is appriciated.
tnx
ivan

carrigman

If money is not a problem go for the 20D. It is by far the superior camera
in terms of ergonomics and build quality.

Carrigman

"Ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:de3vl9$b76$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr...
> I'm can't decide which one...
> Any advice is appriciated.
> tnx
> ivan

Brian Baird

In article <de3vl9$b76$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I'm can't decide which one...
> Any advice is appriciated.
> tnx
> ivan

When in doubt: spend more money. That way you can go:

"I'm glad I spent the extra money, it was worth it!"
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

Craig Dunn

I had the same debate... Ended up with the 20D not only because of the
durability but the controls are far easier to operate - the wheel on
the back and top makes it easy to adjust aperture, shutter speed...etc
whilst framing your shot, on the 350D alot is done by pushing buttons,
which I find very irritating.

..Jan Plexy..

"Ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:de3vl9$b76$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr...
> I'm can't decide which one...
> Any advice is appriciated.
> tnx
> ivan

Rather spend more money on lenses than on camera body.
For money given for 20D with poor kit lens you can get 350D with very good
lens.

Radije potrosi vise novaca na objektive nego na samo tjelo aparata.
Za novce za koje ces dobiti 20D sa sugavim kit objektivom mozes dobiti 350D
sa jako dobrom lecom.

EOS 350D is not bad camera at all.
I own one

SimonLW

"Ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:de3vl9$b76$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr...
> I'm can't decide which one...
> Any advice is appriciated.
> tnx
> ivan

Depends on what you need. I use Av mode almost exclusively. I don't need
much of the rest and I prefer the smaller size of the Rebel. If spending the
budget on the camera is going to prevent you from getting the lenses you
want, I'd go for the lower cost camera.
-S

SimonLW

"Ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:de3vl9$b76$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr...
> I'm can't decide which one...
> Any advice is appriciated.
> tnx
> ivan

Depends on what you need. I use Av mode almost exclusively. I don't need
much of the rest and I prefer the smaller size of the Rebel. If spending the
budget on the camera is going to prevent you from getting the lenses you
want, I'd go for the lower cost camera.
-S

I have had my Canon 20D for two weeks now and find it to be an incredible
camera

Rod
"Brian Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <de3vl9$b76$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I'm can't decide which one...
>> Any advice is appriciated.
>> tnx
>> ivan

> When in doubt: spend more money. That way you can go:
>
> "I'm glad I spent the extra money, it was worth it!"
> --
> http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

Brian

I just bought an XT...I figured I would probably upgrade the body in a
few years and I wanted to get a better lens. So for less than the 20D
body I got the XT and a great lens! Originally I thought the body
might be too small but it was ok - if you have huge hands though it
might be a little tight. Image quality is effectively equal and the
20D didn't have any additional features that I thought I would use
regularly.

wilt

Buy to fit YOUR NEED, not based on 'status'. Some people 'need' a
really fast new PC, others do just fine with a 5 year old PC.
Different stroke for different folks.
Buy to fit your HANDS & BRAIN...you have to use the thing, so you need
what feels good in your hands and has the controls where your brain
finds them most suitable. Different stroke for different folks.

The 350XT and the 20D are both fine cameras. Do you need a Toyota or a
Lexus? Same thing.