Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Buying DSLR in seattle?

Buying DSLR in seattle?

Hans S

----P.Sir---- wrote:
> > > I have this funny feeling he just might want to use it while he's
> > > here...

>> Apart from that he might try to duck import tax.

> Both of the above !

Be careful when you return. I have been told customs are familiar with
the serial numbers that are imported into the EU.

howard

> >> I am coming to Seattle in a couple of weeks and are looking for advice

====================================
If you have transportation (personal) drive about 2.5 hours to PORTLAND
OREGON and save the SALES TAX from Washington.......NO SALES TAX IN OREGON

Bob Salomon

In article <43035065$0$592$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"----P.Sir----" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Both of the above !
>
> But I still need advice of where to go in Seattle? I will stay in the
> Bellevue area.
> Sorensen

Kenmore Camera
Glazers Camera
KB Camera - Bellingham
Ken's Camera
Optechs
Omega Photo
R&K Photo
Robi's - Tacoma
The Camera Shop - Tacoma
University Book Store

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

----P.Sir----

Thanks for the advice - but I am only there for like 24 hours - and have
some work to do also, so it is going to have to be in
Seattle/Bellevue/airport area.
sorensen

Joel Dorfan

Order from B&H in NYC and have them deliver to where you will be in Seattle.
Sounds like you wont have much time to go shopping.

I have bought this way a few times when I visit the USA with no problem.

Joel
South Africa

"MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

> "----P.Sir----" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:43032e7a$0$2081$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >I am coming to Seattle in a couple of weeks and are looking for advice as
> >to where is the best place to buy a digital slr camera (Nikon or Canon)??
> > Any advice?
> > Brgds Sorensen, Denmark

> Drive South to Oregon where there is no sales tax.
> Great shops in Portland with full DSLR stuff.
> Dang if the shop name doesn't escape me... I was just there and bought

the
> 24-70 2.8 L.
> They had EVERYTHING...including the Canon 1D Mark II and the 1Ds Mark II.
> The building looked crummy from the outside, but inside it was top-notch.
>
> -Down near the railroad tracks down-town.
> Anyone know the name?
> Brick building...

wilt

>If you have transportation (personal) drive about 2.5 hours to PORTLAND
>OREGON and save the SALES TAX from Washington.......NO SALES TAX IN OREGON

Let's see...5 hours driving at conservative 60mph is 300 miles. In a
car with 25mpg, that burns 12 gallons. At about $2.70 per gallon,
that's $32 in sales tax, or tax on a $492 item. (Then you have to
figure in how many miles are 'free' on the rental car rate, before
figuring in cost of driving the car, above the gas cost alone, if you
don't have unlimited miles in the agreement.) Seems like a whole lot
of driving (5 hrs.) to save yourself not a lot of money ($35) if the
total purchase comes to $1000 before tax.

Randall Ainsworth

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>, howard
<fishfeeder@gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> If you have transportation (personal) drive about 2.5 hours to PORTLAND
> OREGON and save the SALES TAX from Washington.......NO SALES TAX IN OREGON

HEY! We need the tax dollars. The fools in this state elected (well,
actually, they selected) a Democrat for governor and so far she's never
seen a tax or regulation she didn't like.

Lilo

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, howard
> <fishfeeder@gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>

>>If you have transportation (personal) drive about 2.5 hours to PORTLAND
>>OREGON and save the SALES TAX from Washington.......NO SALES TAX IN OREGON

> HEY! We need the tax dollars. The fools in this state elected (well,
> actually, they selected) a Democrat for governor and so far she's never
> seen a tax or regulation she didn't like.

out of staters do not have to pay washington tax. Do not about foreigner.

http://www.kcamera.com/
18031 67th Ave Ne Kenmore WA 98028
425-485-7447 or toll free 1-888-485-7447
Open Monday - Friday 9:00-7:00, Saturday 9:00-5:00 PST

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
400 Pine Street, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98101
Phone: 206-682-7760
Approximate Distance: 0.15 miles
Directions

Cameras West
Kits Camera CW
1908 4th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
Phone: 206-622-0066
Approximate Distance: 0.21 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
11 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109
Phone: 206-283-7537
Approximate Distance: 1.36 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
2724 NE 45th Street
Seattle, WA 98105
Phone: 206-526-0743
Approximate Distance: 3.86 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera - Jefferson Square
4726 42nd Avenue, SW
Seattle, WA 98116
Phone: 206-932-4190
Approximate Distance: 4.24 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
266 Bellevue Square
Bellevue, WA 98004
Phone: 425-646-3577
Approximate Distance: 6.19 miles
Directions

Cameras West
Cameras West
823 NE Northgate Way
Seattle, WA 98125
Phone: 206-365-0066
Approximate Distance: 6.73 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
923 Northgate Mall
Seattle, WA 98125
Phone: 206-364-6224
Approximate Distance: 6.74 miles
Directions

Kits Camera
Kirkland Park Place
336 Park Place
Kirkland , WA 98033-6229
Phone: 425-576-5010
Approximate Distance: 7.79 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
12816 SE 38th Street
Bellevue, WA 98006
Phone: 425-641-6224
Approximate Distance: 8.07 miles
Directions

Cameras West
Kits Camera CW
14309 NE 20th
Bellevue, WA 98007
Phone: 425-641-6677
Approximate Distance: 8.54 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Mill Creek Town Center
15407 Main Street, Suite 101
Mill Creek, WA 98012-7375
Phone: 425-337-0248
Approximate Distance: 9.27 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
17171 Bothell Way NE
Seattle, WA 98155
Phone: 206-365-7204
Approximate Distance: 10.10 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
17166 Redmond Way
Redmond, WA 98052
Phone: 425-885-5711
Approximate Distance: 11.14 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
1020 Southcenter Shopping Center
Seattle, WA 98188
Phone: 206-246-6224
Approximate Distance: 11.38 miles
Directions

Cameras West
Cameras West
17420 South Center Parkway
Tukwila, WA 98188
Phone: 206-575-1775
Approximate Distance: 11.82 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Downtown Woodinville
13804 N.E. 175th Street, #104
Woodinville, WA 98072
Phone: 425-483-6466
Approximate Distance: 12.96 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Commons at Issaquah
735 NW Gilman Blvd, Suite D
Issaquah, WA 98027
Phone: 425-427-1374
Approximate Distance: 14.17 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
3000 184th Street, SW
Lynnwood, WA 98037
Phone: 425-771-7720
Approximate Distance: 15.46 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Klahanie Village
4504 Klahanie Drive SE
Issaquah, WA 98029
Phone: 425-427-2635
Approximate Distance: 15.58 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
10315 Silverdale Way
Silverdale, WA 98383
Phone: 360-692-5367
Approximate Distance: 16.80 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
31507 Pacific Highway South
Federal Way, WA 98003
Phone: 253-946-6160
Approximate Distance: 20.18 miles
Directions

Kits Camera
Covington Place
27111 167th Place S.E. Suite 101
Covington, WA 98042
Phone: 253-638-0132
Approximate Distance: 20.19 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
1402 S.E. Everett Mall Way
Everett, WA 98208
Phone: 425-353-1022
Approximate Distance: 21.48 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera - Tacoma Mall, #339
4502 S. Steele
Tacoma, WA 98409
Phone: 253-472-6224
Approximate Distance: 27.87 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
The Willows Shopping Center
3803 Meridian South, Suite B
Puyallup, WA 98373-3713
Phone: 253-841-1454
Approximate Distance: 31.54 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
700A Sleater-Kinney Rd, Bldg. D
Lacey, WA 98503
Phone: 360-438-9518
Approximate Distance: 45.79 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Cooper Point Marketplace
1200 Cooper Point Rd. SW
Olympia, WA 98502
Phone: 360-943-2570
Approximate Distance: 48.18 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
31595 SR 20, Suite 5
Oak Harbor, WA 98277
Phone: 360-679-1707
Approximate Distance: 55.11 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera - Cascade Mall
755 Cascade Mall Drive
Burlington, WA 98233
Phone: 360-757-2525
Approximate Distance: 58.60 miles
Directions

Kits Cameras
Kits Camera
1 Bellis Fair Parkway
Bellingham, WA 98226
Phone: 360-671-9687
Approximate Distance: 81.27 miles

DFS

> out of staters do not have to pay washington tax. Do not about foreigner.
-------------------------------

Wrong !

If you take delivery in state of item purchased, you DO pay tax unless you
are from one of a handful of states that Washington exempts from our tax.
Items shipped out of state are exempt.

DS

Bill Funk

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:52:24 +0200, "Joel Dorfan"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Order from B&H in NYC and have them deliver to where you will be in Seattle.
>Sounds like you wont have much time to go shopping.
>
>I have bought this way a few times when I visit the USA with no problem.
>
>Joel
>South Africa

Snce you're from SA, can you answer a question?
When you do this, I presume you pay by credit card. Do you have a
problem with a delivery to someplace other than your billing address?
With my CCs, if I order something and have it delivered to an address
other than my billing address, the CC bank will refuse the charge
unless I tell them about it in advance.
Does it work this way for SA banks, too? I ask, because this seems to
be a very basic theft-prevention technique, but it seems (from answers
like yours and others) that this isn't always done.
Thanks!

--
Bill Funk
Replace "g" with "a"