Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > More Canon 5D info

Reply
Thread Tools

More Canon 5D info

 
 
deryck lant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
http://www2.photim.com/info/Sommaire.php

Translated:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14646521
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14646528

Looks like at last Canon will have a zoom lens that can cope with
full frame digital requirements. The 24-105 f/4 L IS will probably
retail around 1,500 euro.

Deryck
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kinon O'Cann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005

"deryck lant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www2.photim.com/info/Sommaire.php
>
> Translated:
>
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14646521
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14646528
>
> Looks like at last Canon will have a zoom lens that can cope with
> full frame digital requirements. The 24-105 f/4 L IS will probably
> retail around 1,500 euro.


Man, $5K for a body and lens! I may have to wait on the lens, and may sell
the 28-135, as well. But hey, it could be worth it.

>
> Deryck



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Skip M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
"Kinon O'Cann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsSoMe.5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "deryck lant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www2.photim.com/info/Sommaire.php
>>
>> Translated:
>>
>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14646521
>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14646528
>>
>> Looks like at last Canon will have a zoom lens that can cope with
>> full frame digital requirements. The 24-105 f/4 L IS will probably
>> retail around 1,500 euro.

>
> Man, $5K for a body and lens! I may have to wait on the lens, and may sell
> the 28-135, as well. But hey, it could be worth it.
>
>>
>> Deryck

>
>

That would make for a heck of a "kit," now wouldn't it?

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Skip M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
"deryck lant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www2.photim.com/info/Sommaire.php
>
> Translated:
>
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14646521
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14646528
>
> Looks like at last Canon will have a zoom lens that can cope with
> full frame digital requirements. The 24-105 f/4 L IS will probably
> retail around 1,500 euro.
>
> Deryck


Why doesn't the 24-70 f2.8L cope with full frame digital requirements?

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
David J. Littleboy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005

"Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> Why doesn't the 24-70 f2.8L cope with full frame digital requirements?


It does. The 1Ds/1Ds2 users report that it's flipping amazing.

FWIW, check out this guy's lens reviews.

http://www.wlcastleman.com/equip/reviews/index.htm


David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan


 
Reply With Quote
 
eawckyegcy@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005
deryck lant wrote:

> Looks like at last Canon will have a zoom lens that can cope with
> full frame digital requirements.


That Canon has been making normal 35mm lenses that covered the "full
frame" for decades is just another one of those hoaxes, like how we
never went to the Moon, right?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Skip M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005
"David J. Littleboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ddtutq$a3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Why doesn't the 24-70 f2.8L cope with full frame digital requirements?

>
> It does. The 1Ds/1Ds2 users report that it's flipping amazing.
>
> FWIW, check out this guy's lens reviews.
>
> http://www.wlcastleman.com/equip/reviews/index.htm
>
>
> David J. Littleboy
> Tokyo, Japan
>
>

I rather thought so. I've been totally blown away by the imagery I've
gotten from that lens and my 20D. I'm going up to the Central Coast for a
week starting Labor Day Weekend, and shooting some film with it. Can't
wait...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
deryck lant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005
The message <sRuMe.1113$sw6.290@fed1read05>
from "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> contains these words:

> "deryck lant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://www2.photim.com/info/Sommaire.php
> >
> > Translated:
> >
> > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14646521
> > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14646528
> >
> > Looks like at last Canon will have a zoom lens that can cope with
> > full frame digital requirements. The 24-105 f/4 L IS will probably
> > retail around 1,500 euro.
> >
> > Deryck


> Why doesn't the 24-70 f2.8L cope with full frame digital requirements?


The 24-70 f2.8L is an excellent lens but shows a couple of stops of light
fall off in the corners on the D1s2 shown in an in-depth technical review
in The British Journal of Photography. There is also some colour fringing
in the corners.

Deryck
 
Reply With Quote
 
Skip M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005

"deryck lant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The message <sRuMe.1113$sw6.290@fed1read05>
> from "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> contains these words:
>
>> "deryck lant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message


>> >
>> > Looks like at last Canon will have a zoom lens that can cope with
>> > full frame digital requirements. The 24-105 f/4 L IS will probably
>> > retail around 1,500 euro.
>> >
>> > Deryck

>
>> Why doesn't the 24-70 f2.8L cope with full frame digital requirements?

>
> The 24-70 f2.8L is an excellent lens but shows a couple of stops of light
> fall off in the corners on the D1s2 shown in an in-depth technical review
> in The British Journal of Photography. There is also some colour fringing
> in the corners.
>
> Deryck


http://www.wlcastleman.com/equip/rev...4_70/index.htm

On the other hand, why do you think the 28-105 f4 L is going to be any more
capable? The 24-70 came out about the same time as the 1Ds, so I'd presume
it was designed with that camera in mind...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
deryck lant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005
The message <VmFMe.1211$sw6.228@fed1read05>
from "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> contains these words:


> "deryck lant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The message <sRuMe.1113$sw6.290@fed1read05>
> > from "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> contains these words:
> >
> >> "deryck lant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message


> >> >
> >> > Looks like at last Canon will have a zoom lens that can cope with
> >> > full frame digital requirements. The 24-105 f/4 L IS will probably
> >> > retail around 1,500 euro.
> >> >
> >> > Deryck

> >
> >> Why doesn't the 24-70 f2.8L cope with full frame digital requirements?

> >
> > The 24-70 f2.8L is an excellent lens but shows a couple of stops of light
> > fall off in the corners on the D1s2 shown in an in-depth technical review
> > in The British Journal of Photography. There is also some colour fringing
> > in the corners.
> >
> > Deryck


> http://www.wlcastleman.com/equip/rev...4_70/index.htm


> On the other hand, why do you think the 28-105 f4 L is going to be any more
> capable? The 24-70 came out about the same time as the 1Ds, so I'd presume
> it was designed with that camera in mind...


The excellent William L Castleman didn't specifically test for light fall-off.
You need specialist equipment to measure it.

As you know Canon use the market to beta test their products. Only after the
24-70 hit the market did it receive the baptism of fire. Also the higher res
the camera so defects become more obvious as shown with the D1s2.

Canon are now well aware of the digital full frame requirements and will
design
for it.

I expect the new 24-105 f/4 L IS to make a super kit lens with the 5D. Will
make a killer combination for wedding large group shots and landscape
photography.
Would be the equal picture quality wise to the D2X with 17-55 f2.8, but much
better in low light.

Deryck
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kamaelia 0.4.0 RELEASED - Faster! More Tools! More Examples! More Docs! ;-) Michael Python 4 06-26-2006 08:00 AM
With a Ruby Yell: more, more more! Robert Klemme Ruby 5 09-29-2005 06:37 AM
Canon should be totally ashamed of this (and some others too) HP got this basic and absolutely essential thing right in their little digicam that's cheap even for a P&S, so why can't Canon?!! Yes, I know, there's more to the Canon 20D, b Mike Henley Digital Photography 43 12-15-2004 05:21 PM
Clear the Render info & change to different info Andrea Williams ASP .Net 2 10-27-2004 10:01 PM
How to get the Operating System info like ( Wireless info, Wireless connection) Vasanth Perl 0 06-28-2004 08:56 AM



Advertisments