Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > File recovery program from Compact Flash?

File recovery program from Compact Flash?

Poch

Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.

If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
there I'd like to give them a go first.

Any suggestions welcomed. Poch

Pete D

Google for Digital Image Recovery or DIR. It's the best out there.

"Poch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C5gMe.3379$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
> pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
> REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.
>
> If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
> found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
> there I'd like to give them a go first.
>
> Any suggestions welcomed. Poch

David J Taylor

Poch wrote:
> Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
> pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
> REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.

I used this program without problems:

http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_medi...uk/welcome.htm

David

[BnH]

Sandisk Rescue Pro + a CF reader / writer .. even recover files I never put
in

=bob=

"Poch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C5gMe.3379$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
> found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
> there I'd like to give them a go first.

tomcas

Poch wrote:
> Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
> pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
> REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.
>
> If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
> found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
> there I'd like to give them a go first.
>
> Any suggestions welcomed. Poch

http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlrestoration.html
It's free, it works.

Brian

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:55:30 GMT, "Poch"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
>pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
>REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.
>
>If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
>found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
>there I'd like to give them a go first.
>
>Any suggestions welcomed. Poch

IsoBuster?

Bill Funk

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone know of a good free file recovery program? My Canon A95 lost 3
>pictures I took. I can see them with a downloaded copy of "Flash File
>REcovery" but won't let me restore them without the paid version.
>
>If I'm going to pay I want to pay for a good product, not the first one I
>found on the Internet. Of course if there as free recovery utilities out
>there I'd like to give them a go first.
>
>Any suggestions welcomed. Poch

This has worked for me:
http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm

--
Bill Funk
funktionality.blogspot.com

Poch

> This has worked for me:
> http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm
>
> --
> Bill Funk
> funktionality.blogspot.com

Great feedback. Thanks all I will give a selection of those a go. Much
appreciated.
Poch

Poch

"Poch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IjnMe.4957$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> This has worked for me:
>> http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm
>>
>> --
>> Bill Funk
>> funktionality.blogspot.com

> Great feedback. Thanks all I will give a selection of those a go. Much
> appreciated.
> Poch

Went with and purchased Sandisk Rescue Pro. Did the job and will work will
other file formats on my USB flash memory keys. Thanks Bob.

Poch.